The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gone by Daniel Madison (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, CarlMcCoy wrote:
Also, I love the comment about Madison 'faking' the GC.

I figured that his holding his arm in the paralyzed, twisted manner of a stroke victim was to make people think that he was holding a copped card. If you say that's how he really does the move, well, that's just sad. (And the correspondence between the card he put in his pocket and the card that was named is a "coincidence.")
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
I'm giving up with people in respect to this effect.

Count, if you owned it, you'd know you're wrong.

As for you remark about his GC...well, that's just f'ing ridiculous.

All credibility you may have had (but failed to show anyway) is gone.

I hope you all have a good christmas regardless.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Of course this isn't how Madison would usually perform the GC. He was trying to fool Lloyd AND the camera. Naturally he is more conscious of his hand positioning in front of an unforgiving camera.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I do not like the fact that they try to sell you another product and I hate things like this..
"oh hey I use another method for this but I will show one that will work".

solution is simple: show what you use or keep it for yourself!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, ArtIn wrote:
I do not like the fact that they try to sell you another product and I hate things like this..
"oh hey I use another method for this but I will show one that will work".

solution is simple: show what you use or keep it for yourself!

Do you own the product?

I don't. But I assume from reading the posts here that he says something along the lines of "When I perform I use 'substance A.' However, 'substance B' works just as well."
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I can assure you that I own the product Magic.Maddy.
I don't want to spoil too much but it's more like: "i use technique A for xyz and you should take a look at it bla bla, but I will show you a simple technique that works also".

But it is stated clear that Madison does not use the technique shown within the explanation for himself.
I mean you can perform the effect but I hate such marketing ways.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, ArtIn wrote:
I can assure you that I own the product Magic.Maddy.
I don't want to spoil too much but it's more like: "i use technique A for xyz and you should take a look at it bla bla, but I will show you a simple technique that works also".

But it is stated clear that Madison does not use the technique shown within the explanation for himself.
I mean you can perform the effect but I hate such marketing ways.

Ah, thank you for the clarification.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
So I thought id chime in here and clear a few things up by giving the effect a little review.

So first thoughts of the trailer were, I thought it felt very real and truthful. It showed the effect clearly, fooled me and I loved the premise so without a doubt, I ordered it.

It comes in classic E download style with four sections.

The First section is the introduction which simply shows you the trailer performance again.

The second section is all about the background of the effect. Madison talks briefly about how the effect comes about but that he no longer favours the method he is about to teach. He mentions his obsession with another effect and method that he was able to use in this effect. Im not sure why the name of the effect that he prefers is being kept secret on this forum as, if I knew before I purchased the effect that it was that particular effect he used, it wouldn’t have affected anything. I wouldn’t know the method and it wouldn’t have stopped me from buying the GONE download. Regardless, I personally think it was nice that he was honest and clear. So onto the method!

The method is clever and devious. No wonder it fooled me but upon re-watching the trailer, everything felt so obvious. that's because Madison does do a brilliant job of performing it even on camera. I do not know the method Daniel prefers (as I’ve never purchased it) but the method he taught is perfect for me. No doubt, like all good effects, practice will be needed but not in terms of sleights, but rather, in terms of misdirection and timing. There is a small amount of set up done prior to the effect being performed which can sit idle in the deck until you are ready to go. I have yet to try the effect on anyone but I genuinely cannot wait!

In the final section, he talks about things to consider. A couple of additional thoughts on method and timing.

To those concerned that the trailer is not true to the trick, I assure you, it is a fair representation of the effect and as far as I am concerned as a customer, I am very very happy with the effect and the method. The quality of the download is great and whilst the information is possibly a little bit to brief, he does explain everything clearly and ease and passion. You can tell Madison really does feel strongly about the effect.

If you want me to be honest, Madisons sheer belief in the additional product and his passion for it has made me want to get hold of it and the chances are, I probably will. Regardless, the trailer is truthful. The method is sound and clever and the download is informative and quality. These are all the bottom lines I need when purchasing a product and I hope that i’ve cleared a few concerns up for people!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Jamie, the only reason I have avoided naming the other product is that it will lead people to a 'part' of the overall method, and I personally believe that to be exposure. But more so, I just don't feel like potentially giving away part of the secret to people that are just on here to pointlessly bash even when they've been told directly by people, that actually own the product, that they're wrong,

For what it's worth, the other product that Madison now uses for that 'part' of the method is a good product...you probably won't be disappointed in buying it.

But I agree with your review...great effect.
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
I have "GONE" I am interested in getting XYZ as well... Does anyone know if its the same method in "GONE" just instead of using "A" to do the first part you just use "XYZ"? I know what "XYZ" is from reading about it in all the forums but want to know if it can be used to perform "GONE" the same way.. or if its a complete different handling....
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Description states: "Throw out your I***e D**k, you’ve just found your new go-to". Is that true or again some promotional mumbo jumbo done by E ? I doubt that it is as easy as I***e D**k, but if you end up clean it might be worth trying then ?
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Anyway I like most of the things that Daniel shares with our community, so I hope it is not that difficult to learn...
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
No it is not as easy as invisible deck. It is way more powerful tho, because right after you perform it you can move onto another slight using the same deck... Same can't be said for I*** D********K
I feel like we are playing jeopardy in this thread!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I really like this. Its simple- there are a couple of moves you need to do, and on their own, may not be the easiest, but there is so much built in misdirection in the routine that its relatively easy to perform.

If you like the trailer, then get this- you wont be disappointed.

Just to clear up the mess about different methods used/taught. its pretty straightforward- there is a gimmick/gaff that you use in the effect. both methods are identical, but one uses a different material to make the gaff (and that material is a marketed product put out by another creator, so he didn't want to tip that method). but its the same gaff that does the same thing, just made differently. Hope that clears up any confusion because its really not that big a deal when you see how this works.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I mentioned this above but this can easily be done without any gaffs with a SAC move. Then it's impromptu and completely ungimmicked.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, JamieD wrote:
So I thought id chime in here and clear a few things up by giving the effect a little review.

So first thoughts of the trailer were, I thought it felt very real and truthful. It showed the effect clearly, fooled me and I loved the premise so without a doubt, I ordered it.

It comes in classic E download style with four sections.

The First section is the introduction which simply shows you the trailer performance again.

The second section is all about the background of the effect. Madison talks briefly about how the effect comes about but that he no longer favours the method he is about to teach. He mentions his obsession with another effect and method that he was able to use in this effect. Im not sure why the name of the effect that he prefers is being kept secret on this forum as, if I knew before I purchased the effect that it was that particular effect he used, it wouldn’t have affected anything. I wouldn’t know the method and it wouldn’t have stopped me from buying the GONE download. Regardless, I personally think it was nice that he was honest and clear. So onto the method!

The method is clever and devious. No wonder it fooled me but upon re-watching the trailer, everything felt so obvious. that's because Madison does do a brilliant job of performing it even on camera. I do not know the method Daniel prefers (as I’ve never purchased it) but the method he taught is perfect for me. No doubt, like all good effects, practice will be needed but not in terms of sleights, but rather, in terms of misdirection and timing. There is a small amount of set up done prior to the effect being performed which can sit idle in the deck until you are ready to go. I have yet to try the effect on anyone but I genuinely cannot wait!

In the final section, he talks about things to consider. A couple of additional thoughts on method and timing.

To those concerned that the trailer is not true to the trick, I assure you, it is a fair representation of the effect and as far as I am concerned as a customer, I am very very happy with the effect and the method. The quality of the download is great and whilst the information is possibly a little bit to brief, he does explain everything clearly and ease and passion. You can tell Madison really does feel strongly about the effect.

If you want me to be honest, Madisons sheer belief in the additional product and his passion for it has made me want to get hold of it and the chances are, I probably will. Regardless, the trailer is truthful. The method is sound and clever and the download is informative and quality. These are all the bottom lines I need when purchasing a product and I hope that i’ve cleared a few concerns up for people!

Jamie Daws

Jamie! Great review man and I have to admit this effect made me smile the first time I saw it. The clever plot and method make this an effect many will add to their repertoire. In regards to the 'other product' Daniel mentions, I was part of the shoot for it and the variety of effects possible are just crazy. I can't recommend the 'other product' enough and believe many will find countless uses for the principle used.

Happy holidays friends!
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, markschou wrote:
No it is not as easy as invisible deck. It is way more powerful tho, because right after you perform it you can move onto another slight using the same deck... Same can't be said for I*** D********K
I feel like we are playing jeopardy in this thread!

Thanks for clarifying. Now I have to visit E and buy it then Smile
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
OK, so I now own both "GONE" and "the thing he likes to use instead" is there anywhere to learn DM's version of "GONE" using "that other thing"?
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
And why are so many people getting so up in arms about this?? Its a 9$ instant stream... If you are so concerned with fishing out how its done buy it. You will actually be happy you did.. Its a great piece and super powerful if you give it the right attitude. Worrying about what card he put in his pocket and how he is using the GC is silliness... Its cheaper than 2 cups of coffee... Buy it...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, JamieD wrote:

Jamie Daws

Rather than buy the product mentioned I would suggest you get the Mark Calabrese At The Table lecture instead.
It contains more updated material regarding the item in question and Mark really spends a lot of time on it.
He even describes exactly what the material is which he omits on the DVD.
So I feel it's a better bang for the buck, at about the same cost.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gone by Daniel Madison (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL