The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipad show cue (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
What is the best app for an iPad to play show music. I'm looking for something that lets me stop, go, fade, pause and skip. And other functions would be nice. Is there any app that uses a remote as well? That would be ideal! Thank you!
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Hello MagicRhett

I'm with Deceptively Simple, Inc. and the manufacturer of Cue Command. Our product has been out for a little over a year and is considered by many working pros as the best product currently available to fulfill your requirements. It is also by far the most expensive and admittedly not for everyone. Cue Command has the best remote transmitter currently available. It reliably and securely works from well over 300 feet away from the dock. We also have a cross-fade feature this is not offered by any competitive product.

Jeff Hobson, David Williamson and Bill Malone are all Cue Command users and you can read their comments here: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/testimonials.html

For a video tour of the product, go here: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html

Take a look at a recent post in the Café:

Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, gmindmagic wrote:
I wanted to ring in and give an unbiased review of Cue Command. I am in no way associated with the company, so this is someone who made a long hard decision before buying. I had asked many a question here before buying this. I also spoke to two people in the corporate market who steered me to this.

I received the system about a week ago. I have used several controllers over the years, from the original Show Tech, to the Media Star and Show Cues on my iPhone and iPad.

The guys at Deceptively Simple were easy to order from they shipped everything the same day I ordered Fed Ex and emailed tracking. Now what they do not mention is when you receive this it comes packaged expertly,( obviously they bought packaging just to ship these units in ) But it also comes in a custom made box just for the system. This is not just someone threw together parts and pieces because they knew about electronics. This is a well thought out system!

The system itself: I put it thru 6 shows so far and I wanted to see if I threw it a curve it would take it, it did! I had a banquet room in a large hotel, I set it up at the back of the room by the sound board, you can adjust the iPad display to show just track numbers you can see a mile away, not a missed cue, flawless performance!

Listen I am a full time pro I depend on things working and this does, it is simply plug and play, just plug it in, plug in your device and the app starts. and it also charges your device. I was concerned with the remote before buying I like a tactile remote you can feel the buttons, this is probably the best I have used to date. I've also heard people on the Café complain about the size of the remote, I thought that also. It's not big at all, and you can feel the buttons thru the thickest of denim jeans.

i also like the fact I can have all my pre show music playing and all I have to do is press a couple of buttons on the remote and I am in performance mode. Everything is pure quality. I cannot recommend this highly enough. Great purchase and buying experience.

Thank you.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
http://www.deceptivelysimple.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Check out Show Cues in the App store. The software is excellent. The remote is a little cheap but they say they are working on a better one. For the price this is still a very good system.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
My preference is for OneTrack. At $15, it is a great bargain. It does everything you need and Sean, the developer, is very quick to respond to questions or issues:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onetrack......868?mt=8

It works with the iJet remote (same as Show Cues): http://www.buyijet.com/inav-boss-v2-blac......189.html
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Ditto to Michael Messing and OneTrack app.

The Ijet Remote is a little different from the show cues remote. They put a magnetic switch in the remote so you could use a magnetic ring or make a ankle band and trigger your music using your ankle.

The current problem with the Ijet is some users are experiencing interference with the remote control and it's affecting the range. Although several users of the remotes have been using them successfully for years without issues.

But at $28 dollars for the Ijet, you can't beat the price. Respectfully the ShowCues version of the Ijet is $50.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
For what it's worth, the standard, iJet, iNav Boss V2 transmitter (available at Buy iJet) does contain a magnetic reed switch. Holding a magnet an inch or so above the transmitter in the retail package will cause the LED to illuminate. Opening the transmitter does reveal a reed switch on the board.

Although the Show Cues people do say their remote is "special", based on this finding, we are unable to say what makes it so.

Conversely, the Cue Command solution is indeed different. Everything was custom designed for live sound environment.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
www.DeceptivelySimple.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
The Show Cues remote, in addition to the magnetic reed switch, has a user programmable button that can be set in the Show Cues settings.

Carl

Customer reviews here:
http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
Wow! So many to choose from. I'll have to check into all of them and see which one best fits my needs, and budget! Thank you all for your help!
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Thanks MagicRhett, happy to help out.

You should be leery of the iJet (Show Cues) remote. Many Magic Café users have highlighted problems with the device:

Quote:

Posted by: Beyond Reality Magic (Apr 7, 2013 10:06PM)
Anyone have issues with the remote? I use it on a belt clip under my jacket and it seams to work at home while practicing in my magic room. but if I practice in my living room I have to take it out from under my jacket and stand right next to the reciever and point it right at it to get it to move to the next track. Did 5 shows this weekend at a school carnival and had to do the same thing. The App seams to work great now but the remote now makes it unreliable. I even purchased a second remote as a back up and they both do it. Any help would be great.

Posted by: Beyond Reality (Nov 6, 2013 04:42PM)
Show Cues App:
I have been using the Show Cues App for the past year. First let me say the app is amazing. It has great bells and whistles. The Ijet remote sucks and has made it unusable for me and a few others that I know of but for most it sound like it works.

I have had several email conversations with Shawn and even exchanged the remote once and bought a second one and just couldn't get it to work correctly.

I spent 3hrs testing everything I could think of from testing it not connected to anything to testing it with a hard hook up to my PA to Blue tooth hook up using both IPod and Ipad2.

Posted by: socalmagic (Apr 10, 2013 12:23PM)
Beyond Reality Magic, I've had the same problem with the remote. It works great at home, but when I'm on stage it is unreliable and often becomes completely unresponsive. I've got two remotes and it happens with both of them and I have already had it replaced once. I now will only use it on very small shows where music isn't critical. It's too bad because the app is incredible, but I have to use the remote for it to be useful for me.

Posted by: Tony S (Jun 7, 2014 01:58PM)
I'm having some problems with the remote for show cues. I followed the directions on how to set everything up. I was just rehearsing my show and in the middle of the music playing the sound just cut out. This has happened twice in the last 2 days. The first time it happened I had to unplug the remote and advance to the next track, and then work the music manually from the screen on the phone in order to get sound. The second time it happened I was not able to get the sound to work again without rebooting the phone.

Posted by: trickychris (Aug 10, 2014 04:48AM)
I've had a similar problem recently. The app was working fine until half way during the show it stopped playing and when manually pressing the ipad for the next track, it did nothing.
I had to abandon the music which was a real p*sser!

Posted by: JanForster (Aug 20, 2014 06:36AM)
Guys, I agree the App is great, I use it quite often, but not always as the remotes (I got three...) are not too reliable. In Europe you can run also in specific problems as we use different RF in specific areas. I do not know the RF of iJet but they are not for sale over here due to the used RF which might be reserved for other purposes which means they are not allowed and therefore sometimes not functioning. Same happens to radio mics. I use Sennheiser plus DPA and I am prepared to move in 3 different areas of RF in order to have functional and officially allowed transmission.

Posted by: mrmagic0 (Aug 20, 2014 07:59AM)
I also had problems with the show cues remote discussed here

Posted by: John Martin (Sep 6, 2014 04:37PM)
Don't hold your breath. Love the app. Use it all the time. Tired of the never ending promises. It's hard to endorse a product that never seems complete. Quite honestly without a remote this app is just another glorified audio player of which there are many cheaper versions. Still hopeful, but........

Posted by: Kevinr (Oct 29, 2014 12:49PM)
Sorry I meant my Ipod is all it works on. If you look at the countless upset people on here regarding this product I find it shocking you state it works so well. Have you not seen the list of broken promises regarding a working remote? I have several music programs I can look down and click for music and sound effects. I can't be doing that with my magic show. That's to obvious and distracting. Please look through all the pages of everyone excited for the program to work in a real world working situation only to spend hard earned money and be totally let down by the non working remote and feel they wasted money on the remote that is very very unreliable. I would understand if this was a problem only for a few months but this is years now. Any other industry and this product would be history. Only the magic industry puts up with smoke and mirrors and broken date for releases on products.

Posted by: MikeDes (Dec 18, 2014 10:33AM)
The remote is a little cheap...

Don't hold your breath on a new Show Cues remote. Carl, the Show Cues developer has a history of disappointing customers regarding the new transmitter:
April 7, 2014 he says, "the new remote should be ready in the next couple months"

June 8, 2014, Carl states, "this summer sometime"

September 4, 2014, we hear "early 2015"

September 6, 2014, he says, "These things take time to perfect so please be patient"

Cue Command is available right now. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee and we have glowing endorsements from many of the industry's top working professionals and several Café members. We'd love for you to give it a try.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
Now with cross-fade
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Peeps,

The Ijet remotes has worked reliably for years for hundreds of users. Now a small minority are experiencing interference issues.

The delay in bring a new remote system to market is the Lightning connector. The 30 pin connector is in the obsolete state.

https://developer.apple.com/programs/mfi/

In the Spring of 2015 Apple is allowing affordable lightning connectors to 3rd party accessory makers from their MFI Developer program.

The Lightning connector is wired differently to allow a serial connection. The pins are connected differently.

Currently the only cable on the market with the correct pins wired cost $115.00

http://redpark.com/lightning-serialpower-cable-l4-db9pv

This will make a remote system pricy.

Now with the EFI program in this coming Springs the connectors will cost much less, making remotes cost effective.

Carl has mentioned a NDA several times and if you follow the Apple MFI link you will see NDA info from large developers in the MFI program.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
TDS - Do you go out of your way to be so obnoxious in your marketing/running down of other products. I have used the iJet remote with Show Cues since day one, and have never had an issue, as have many others. Your strategy is a MASSIVE turn off for prospective customers as it's so aggressive. If your product is as good as you say, it will sell itself. I personally prefer to be able to palm and hide my remote in my hand, something not possible with yours as it it the size of a small country, with a big ariel on top.

Gary

P.S. gothike is exactly right in his above post, and also I happen to know the company producing Carl's new remote... It WILL be worth the wait.
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Gary,

Given your financial interest in the iJet remote, it is no surprise that you are so quick to defend the product. The reality is the product is not as rock-solid as you'd like people to believe. Many users in this forum have expressed dissatisfaction with the transmitter and all I'm doing is quoting their posts. Assuming all these users are telling the truth, there is a significant deficiency with the product.

With regard to our marketing efforts, you are most certainly entitled to your opinions. However, I am not sure how you can say our strategy is a, "massive turn off for prospective customers..." Deceptively Simple, Inc. has sold more and more Cue Command units every month since the product came out a little over a year ago. Our sales have surpasses our projections and we are quite pleased with the following it has acquired in the magician's market. Considering Cue Command is 4x the price of Show Cues (app plus remote), it makes it all the more impressive. Many Show Cues customers have grown tired of the rhetoric, bad transmitter and the broken promises. For them, Cue Command is the perfect answer.

We will continue to offer exceptional customer service, continue to innovate and continue to offer a fantastic product.

Regarding the alleged new remote, I think this guy said it best:

Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, Kevinr wrote:
Sorry I meant my Ipod is all it works on. If you look at the countless upset people on here regarding this product I find it shocking you state it works so well. Have you not seen the list of broken promises regarding a working remote? I have several music programs I can look down and click for music and sound effects. I can't be doing that with my magic show. That's to obvious and distracting. Please look through all the pages of everyone excited for the program to work in a real world working situation only to spend hard earned money and be totally let down by the non working remote and feel they wasted money on the remote that is very very unreliable. I would understand if this was a problem only for a few months but this is years now. Any other industry and this product would be history. Only the magic industry puts up with smoke and mirrors and broken date for releases on products.

We all make financial decisions and Cue Command is not for everyone. For those of you disappointed with your current remote cuing system and looking for more features combine with a substantially better remote transmitter, you should consider Cue Command. It's available right now!

Merry Christmas to all,

Team Deceptively Simple
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, garydunn wrote:
TDS - Do you go out of your way to be so obnoxious in your marketing/running down of other products. I have used the iJet remote with Show Cues since day one, and have never had an issue, as have many others. Your strategy is a MASSIVE turn off for prospective customers as it's so aggressive. If your product is as good as you say, it will sell itself. I personally prefer to be able to palm and hide my remote in my hand, something not possible with yours as it it the size of a small country, with a big ariel on top.

Gary

P.S. gothike is exactly right in his above post, and also I happen to know the company producing Carl's new remote... It WILL be worth the wait.

TDS - count me among those who find your marketing practices to be obnoxious and a turn off. Based on your need to bash other products instead of just selling your own you can count me among those who will never make a purchase from you. And to clarify a point, I have seen you, on several occasions, use one of my posts regarding the show cues remote to bash show cues. The issue I was having was very promptly resolved when I contacted Carl and Sean, so please stop using something I said 6 months ago for these purposes, as my issue was resolved 6 months ago and I have never had a problem since.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
OneTrack App
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of OneTrack App
Sean Bergin here, the developer of OneTrack. Although we have had very few problems with the iJet remotes, you might take a look at the Airturn bluetooth products as well, they make very reliable remotes used in some very high profile venues like Carnegie Hall, etc. We have had no complaints from users of OneTrack related to Airturn devices. They make a small handheld remote, the Digit II, as well as a floor pedal based remote which can connect up to four silent floor pedals.

Check them out at www.airturn.com

OneTrack has extensive support for Airturn's remotes and you can get an idea of what can be controlled by checking out this video which shows the pedal based airturn in action...

http://youtu.be/cPoFM4PLHp8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Ipad show cue (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL