We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cards `n Logics (complete routine) :D (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello guys Smile

This time I want to share one of my fauvorites effects. It`s a fully scripted routine with few technique, four cards and some Logics Smile

Cards`n Logics Hope you like it Smile

ENJOY (don`t forget to enable subttitles )

Nicolas Pierri (add me on face if you like Smile I would be happy to make new magi firends)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbtzBHQ6xc
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
It looks technically strong to me. I especially enjoyed the jazz magic at the very beginning. You could make the beginning stronger by using a marked deck, and culling without turning over the faces.

In English, there is a term: "so-what magic." I thought your technical ability was much stronger than your dramatic ability. For example, the cards keep on turning themselves upside down, again and again. So what?

As you are from Argentina, you must know that it is possible to put balls in a cup while telling the story of "Li Po, gran poeta." No one ever asks "so what?" at the end of that routine, or at the end of No Puede Ser Mas Lento.
nontricks
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of nontricks
Hello ARON Smile ...THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK I REALLY APRECIATE IT AND I BELIEVE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO IMPROVE SO THANKYOU Smile.

I believe that the words I say works well with the turnover and since its an increscendo.. I think its ok but I will try to work harder on that definetly Smile THANK YOU AGAIN Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello AARON Smile ...THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK I REALLY APRECIATE IT AND I BELIEVE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO IMPROVE SO THANKYOU Smile.

I believe that the words I say works well with the turnover and since its an increscendo.. I think its ok but I will try to work harder on that definetly Smile THANK YOU AGAIN Smile

sorry for the double post Smile.. mi fault!
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, nicolasmtg wrote:
I believe that the words I say works well with the turnover and since its an increscendo.. I

Your words explain what the cards are, but I have no idea who *you* are. People are more interesting than props.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Well you are right Smile, but I believe that this routine is more about the magic and what people think about it Smile of course I'm agree 100 percent that peolple are more important . that is why this is mi pet routine Smile http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=201 hope you like it !
and not cards n logics Smile

ennable subs please !!
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
I'm bilingual in Spanish, FYI.

Have you read El Efecto, by Gabi Pareras? I think you should. GrupoKaps sells it. Pareras takes principles found in Magic and Showmanship by Henning Nelms, and applies them to famous tricks in Spanish card magic. One point he makes is that there is a difference between the phenomenon of a trick and the effect of a trick -- and sometimes the phenomenon is more important. For example, the phenomenon in El Cochecito is that the car has a soul of its own, while the effect is that the magician finds the chosen card. The effect is ordinary, while the phenomenon is extraordinary.

I've found it helpful to ask myself whether my tricks provide interesting answers to all the questions Pareras asks.

A technical note regarding your second link. I think it would be stronger if you held the cards near your eye level at all times, or alternatively put the cards on the table and didn't touch them when you talked. You have long periods where you want to make eye contact with the spectator, and that creates a negative tension, where the spectator wants to check the cards but is supposed to look at your face. Consider the Mnemonica performance on Buenafuente, by Tamariz. He talks a lot, but almost never touches the cards.

To me, your material looks clever, while Tamariz's material looks like real magic.

I do hope you make a lot of money with the sales of your routines. Best wishes.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
The sales are not mi goal mi friend Smile but thanks. I believe that we have diferent points of view about magic, and that's ok . Bests wishes for you too Smile. maybe someday we are going to face each other and are going to talk a lot about magic but face to face Smile
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Nicolasmtg.
Your routine is well constructed and has a nice flow. Well done, thank you for sharing this with the Café.
Something tells me you are one to watch.
John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Nice routine.

I enjoyed specially the part on "but now you already know what's the intended effect, so what is logical and what is illogical now?"

Thanks for sharing
So much to do, so little time . . .
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Very good routine!

You're getting a lot of mileage out of just the 4 aces. The patter is very good and makes the routine interesting.

My one recommendation would be to use a more interesting 4 ace production. Not a flashy production, but maybe something more than just taking them off the top of the deck. However, if you're selling the routine, it's not really a big deal because people who purchase the routine can just use whatever type of 4 ace production they want.

Very well done and thanks for sharing!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5236 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, Wizzard wrote:
Nicolasmtg.
Your routine is well constructed and has a nice flow. Well done, thank you for sharing this with the Café.
Something tells me you are one to watch.
John

100% agree, I have known him a while and posted this back when he first came aboard on the Café and shared his "My Truth" effect :
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2013, Poof-Daddy wrote:
After really watching it several times, I saw it very differently (and refreshing). It tells a story that is entangled perfectly with the cards and the moves. I would venture to guess that a spectator could become so involved in the story (patter) that they almost forget they are "seeing a magic trick" then POW! "How did that happen? where did the Kings go? Holy..."

This is clever as heck. it would be almost impossible to think back and "reverse engineer" how it happened because it flows so beautifully with the patter. The effect in itself is really cool but the story just gives it that extra "umph" that seems to lack in many mass marketed effects.

I'm pretty sure I am going to pay a lot more attention to my patter on some effects I have been "just going through the paces with" for years. Not that some effects and the patter that "came with the instructions" aren't still great effects as is. Just that I see a way now to blow some dust off the shelves and bring some new life into some old tricks.

well done and thanks for the lesson. Smile

Since then I have seen many more effects and chatted with him quite a bit on FB and even Skype. I think presentation and patter are what makes an effect interesting. It is really where he shines. Smile I have seen Dr Daley's last trick done so horrifically that I could jump thru the screen and choke someone but the way he worked it into the ending (accompanied by logical and interesting patter) truly exemplifies his work. He is one (of many) offering effects on www.nontricks.com but I must say, I do like his effects the best from the site.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello again xD

Wizzard: Thanks my friend Im glad you like my work Smile

Alicauchi: Smile the whole routine is built to enforce that phase and that sentence. that is my fauvorite part too Smile

Adamchance: thank you for your feedback my friend well I believe that to have a deck shuffled and produce any for of a kind the spectars choose "without touching the deck" its a preety nice effect Smile BUT having said that maybe its a good idea to put something a lil more visual, but be carefull not to make something that make the spectator THINK a lot cuz you need em with their intelect INTACT so they can be engaged by you and pay attention for what follows Smile

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR WORD AND FEEDBAK I REALLY APRECIATE THAT!! Smile

Nicolas Pierri

MY FB:nicolas pierri
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Poof have you received mi pm ?
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Nicolas, I think the effect loses a lot for english speakers than need to read subtitles. I really enjoyed it. I think it flows perfectly. And I disagree with a more visual revelation of the aces. If the effect was just the four aces, then yes, you are talking about poker and you don't deal four or five hands, so, in that case I would recommend something more visual for each ace. But I think the way you have it flows perfectly with the rest of the routine.

Thanks for sharing!!
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
706 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Nicolas, Very nice. The logic theme is clever. Your manner is warm and unchallenging. I think it is a winner. John
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
This is a nice routine. Maybe you should consider releasing it to the community?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5236 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, AndreaMooreMagic wrote:
This is a nice routine. Maybe you should consider releasing it to the community?

It, as well as others of his already are released. http://www.nontricks.com/cards-n-logics-24/

I have them all and love performing his stuff. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Thank you for all the compliments I'm super happy you like my routine as for the release its already there you can search it on nontricks.com english version "cards n logics"
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
376 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Ejohn Im glad you find it UNCHALLENGING its one of my goals Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Cards `n Logics (complete routine) :D (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL