The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What is America coming to? (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can sure see how wishing someone a merry this or a happy that would causes great offense.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Then Danny, go into your local synagogue and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Take notes on the reaction.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure that was entirely different than what Mike said now wasn't it? But keep those goal posts moving.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sure that was entirely different than what Mike said now wasn't it? But keep those goal posts moving.

There is no Constitutionally protected right to speak freely *and get paid for it at the same time*.

A professional entertainer either takes a job and fulfills the client's wishes as much as possible, or declines the job if it violates his/her ethics.

The OP of this thread is posting under his professional name, on a publicly-searchable web site. If I were looking to book talent to be paid with tax dollars, and I found this complaint, I might think, "I don't need a risk of lawsuit, and this guy sounds like a bit of a loose cannon, I'll hire someone else."

Frankly, I think the OP needs to take a class in online brand management. And that isn't a snarky internet comment. It's a serious suggestion.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

The point holds very clearly: if you are a performer in a place with people who are possibly not of the same religion as yourself, you don't include some and exclude others. It's common sense, and frankly, as a performer yourself I'm pretty surprised that it isn't just common sense to you.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Landmark, and everyone here, have a happy January 12th!

Does anyone feel excluded?
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks, Bill. And Happy Kreskin's Birthday to you and yours as well Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Landmark, don't let them brainwashed you. Stand up and free yourself. Remember, this is America. It should be "What's ours is ours. What's theirs is theirs." Presently it is set up as "What's ours is theirs."

Our country started off as USA. Individuals are coming over here because they want to take over by building their cultures, taking ours away. It should be something in writing mentioning to people coming from all countries reading: "You can come live here if you want, but you are not going to take away our cultures." France started standing up in 2010 and banned the wearing of veil. They did not want different cultures to take away their country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ban_on_face_covering

If America lets this keep up I can see all USA foreign schools saying to magicians in the future: "You must wear our custom of clothing to perform here, and perform speaking our language too. If not, we will complain to Congress so you will be fined."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Individuals are coming over here because they want to take over by building their cultures, taking ours away. It should be something in writing mentioning to people coming from all countries reading: "You can come live here if you want, but you are not going to take away our cultures."

Really, this is what this thread is going to be about now?
You never cease to amaze me at the myriad ways you can troll.
We'll click on your website even without it, Mike.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, landmark wrote:

Really, this is what this thread is going to be about now?
You never cease to amaze me at the myriad ways you can troll.

Correct. But what is our country going to be about? You are beginning to see it now. Americans aren't amazed with the countless number of ways different cultures are taking away what we can say in schools anymore. The way you feel about this thread is the same way performers feel about having our privileges taken away from us. Stay strong buddy, and keep your eyes open. I promise you will see it all.

Quote:
We'll click on your website even without it, Mike.

Thanks, bro. I appreciate it.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I am always a little surprised and abashed by the arrogance of some of my fellow Christians and their insistence on having the best seat at the table.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Said Doc.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, Pop Haydn wrote:
I am always a little surprised and abashed by the arrogance of some of my fellow Christians and their insistence on having the best seat at the table.

Reminds me of something I read. Something about the last shall be first and the first shall be last. If I could just remember who said that?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jesus. Matthew 20:16.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The guy who washes the stack of dirty dishes?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Landmark, no one was questioning your occupation. Smile
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
This whole thread leaves me grinning.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Good cheer, even to the disgruntled. Joy, even to the hateful! Let's celebrate warmth in the middle of winter, and look forward to a whole new year...
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Back at ya', Pop! Have a fabulous Holiday Season and New Year!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, AGMagic wrote:
Seen recently at a tree lot:
Christmas Trees - $5.00/foot
Holiday Trees - $10.00/foot

Why does my wishing you a Merry Christmas diminish whatever holiday you are celebrating? Whatever happened to the much touted tolerance?

ahh the irony! The tree, a victim of winter solstice! As an atheist, I love my Christmas tree. (I'm such a hypocrite as to allow the angel Gabriel on it!) So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwaazaa, Muharram, etc to all. Just about all the religions have a bad side to them, but during this holiday, lets say Peace to All. Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What is America coming to? (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL