The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » At what age did you get into "magic"? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Got a set of TV Magic Cards when I was six. In the instructions there was descriptions of tricks you could buy through the mail. With the first trick came a whole catalogue and the rest is history. That was 45 years ago. 😊
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
Aged 7 or 8 on a school trip to London we passed David Nixon's house - I was the only one who knew who he was.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Aged 8 initially, and again now I'm 29...
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
I was nine. Have come and give for fifty five years. It always calls me back.
Philip Busk
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
819 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Age 5. I started watching Magic Circus with Mark Wilson and soon after saw David Copperfield. I am 41 now. I read every book in the library.

It has been a wonderful life.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
B. Edwards
View Profile
New user
Ohio
50 Posts

Profile of B. Edwards
Initially, when I was about 8, then quit I until late 90's when I was 33-34. It's a long story that's both boring and ironic. Smile Smile

Jackal
anderbr1
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of anderbr1
My parents hired a magician for my 6th birthday party, and I was hooked. I still remember the goldfish in a bowl.(that poor fish didn't live very long after he gave it to me. I tried though.) I'd save all my allowance money and order from Abbott's and Chicago Magic in the 70's. I still have all the tricks, much to my wife's chagrin. Boxes and boxes of tricks. She doesn't understand my obsession!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I saw Stanley Susan's show at school. I was about 6, going on 7. By 10, I was doing little "show and tells". At 13, I did my first real show at our local Jr. High. I made $26.00 in 30 minutes. (That would be about $275.00 in today's money.

That was the beginning of my part time pro. "career". Through high school, college, and the Navy, I was a part timer. Then, I "turned" full time. I retired a few years ago. I'm 83.

I NEVER lost interest. It has been a wonder-filled life!

I'm doing 15 minutes in my church's annual "Cabaret Night", tonight. It's a "pro bono"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
I got into magic when I was 50. The day folks on this forum convinced me I was not too old to start, I purchased the pdf version of Tarbell's course and started studying and practicing immediately. That day was Nov 9th, 2014:). After working on magic every single day (minus the day I had surgery on my nose:)), since then, I did my first short performance last night at my first magic club (SAM) meeting. I did a 2-minute routine, incorporating everything I've learned from this forum and the material I've been studying. It was my take on David Roth's Flurry. I had a blast, and I'm moving forward full-steam ahead:).

I'm still 50, BTW:).

Ken
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, Joey_Z wrote:
10 and 30 and 42...This time I think it is sticking

This was me except it was 7, 30, 42, and then 51...I too think it will stick this time
Philip Busk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » At what age did you get into "magic"? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL