The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Oh no, they got me :) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCqyc_uZ7gQ

Maybe I deserve it, not too proud of that hat load (agonising to watch in slow motion...)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Ah who cares? Great performance and entertaining show!
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
Thanks! Actually, it doesn't bother me that much. The funny thing is that they seem to accuse me of not being a real witch...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
That I noticed, the youtuber there took it pretty seriously! I was surprised.
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
Yeah, it's pretty weird
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Enjoyed it, don't worry what they say. Tell them you are going to stand at the end of his bed and comment on HIS performance :-P
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Heck with his immature but* and his stupid little 52 subscriber channel. I was a job well done and the people (besides him) were highly entertained. He is just an attention seeking idiot. Good job with the presentation. Also notice... he was fooled because he didn't catch the card stuff. Too bust filming exactly where the magician wanted him to be looking. The only reason he caught the cups and ball were because the whole routine could be kept in frame.

Sad part is he is getting a view count from us that "HE" doesn't deserve. The magician was fun to watch though.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
DeadMoney
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of DeadMoney
Hi,

nice performance Smile

Do any of you use lines to make people not record the performance on iPhone?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Hey, you had a good sized crowd. They're reactions were good and they obviously enjoyed themselves. Keep up the good work!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Very smooth and nice cup routine. I really enjoyed it. I thought misdirection and loads were good. I think you did a rocking job entertaining audience. I like your perorming style. Brilliant job man, brilliant job.

In truth I'd have dropped a fiver into your hat after watching your act. I was entertained and would have been caught off guard at at least one point.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Yeah you did good.

Can't believe that guy watched your entire show. Filmed it and didn't tip. Then went home and dissected it. Some people have no class at all
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I think there's a cultural thing going on. The video poster sounds like he's debunking "real" magic, something most westerners wouldn't bother with. Our audiences already know it's a performance for entertainment. But there seem to be people who believe we are trying to present real magic, as in the deal-with-the-devil kind of stuff. For those folks, it's not about the entertainment value, but proving we aren't "real." Go figure.
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
First of all, thanks for all the kind words!

Secondly, I run into believers from time to time, I guess we all do, but this is the first time I get "debunked" on youtube Smile. Usually they think magic is evil, so I guess it's nice to have that cleared up Smile. I find it a bit strange, though. Not because people believe in magic, people believe all kinds of stuff. But how can they think a card trick is the work of the devil? Wouldn't you expect a little more from Satan's minions? If I made blood rain from the sky as the finale, then I could understand it Smile.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have had the pluser of seeing this in that location and its great.

Id also like to point out this video is a few years old and I am sure Josef K has charmed audiences with this 1000s of times since. I actually used this as a example in another topic here at the Café. Someone was asking about people filming you. I said very rare people put it up but some times you get a idot with to much time on there hands. But at the end of the day it still all works.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Wow, I think you did a great job! I really enjoyed it. I would have given you a tip myself.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Josef, when I first read the title I was thinking you meant the police got you. Smile

You did a wonderful job. It is very entertaining to those who know the secret or not. It looks like the guy did not notice your first tennis ball load. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for showing the link.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Great work and thanks for sharing!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Josef
Well done performance and most entertaining.
The bloke who put the video together gets a proper bagging (for his "revelations" and pathetic comments at the end of the video), in the comments below.
All the best to you mate.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, DeadMoney wrote:
Hi,

nice performance Smile

Do any of you use lines to make people not record the performance on iPhone?

No. We are in the public view, they have every right to record us and make any stupid posts they want.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I feel sorry for this guy who feels cheated because the slight of hand artist is using slight of hand.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Oh no, they got me :) (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL