The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jay Sankey's Single Ambition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
Does anyone have this trick? I have been playing around with it for a while, and I don't think that I like the move at the end to reveal the final gimmicked card. Any other suggestions on how to accomplish this effect would be appreciated.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
I don't own the effect, but I'd guess it involves an Erdnase Color Change along with a wrist kill. If so, which of the moves don't you like?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

I don't like the Erdnase Color Change. I didn't think about the wrist kill though. Maybe I'll try that along with the change. Any other advice would be appreciated as well.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
What is it you don't like about the Erdnase Color Change? It isn't the easiest move in the world, but once you've got it, it's absolutely beautiful. It does seem a bit unfair for Sankey to sell such an effect without mentioning the difficult move involved. Check out the effect "Joking Around" from Sankey Very Much(I believe) to see just how beautiful the Erdnase Color Change can look.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

It's not that I think that it is too difficult, it's just that I thought there might be a different way of presenting the same effect. I have seen Sankey do it, and it is very nice. I was looking for something that would look different than his version.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is this the one where the pips come through onto the back of the card?

I have a completely different routine with a similar gaffed card.

Paul.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Yes
Effect:
after doing an ambitious routine you explain that this card is so ambitious that even the top position is not enough! With that in mind, your audience sees the ink from the face of the selected card VISIBLY MELT UP AND THROUGH THE CARD and become permanently adhered to the BACK OF THE CARD!
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

That is the trick Paul. I would love to hear your presentation using the gaffed card. If you can't share it on this forum, please send me a PM. Thanks
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I actually sell it. It's called "Not Another Three Card Trick." You can see the effect description at;
http://members.madasafish.com/~phmagic/page6.html

It's a great packet trick for walk around with an instant reset. The handling will also be fully described in my upcoming packet trick book.

Paul.
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Nice idea Paul. I'll have to check out your book when it is released.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jay Sankey's Single Ambition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL