The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to buy "George Gilbert Notes and DVD"? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
I've been looking around for where to buy "George Gilbert Notes and DVD" and haven't found out where. Can someone let me know, please.
The presentation makes the magic.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Thanks, Don. I was at that site yesterday having a look. It's copyrighted 2015 yet up on the web in 2014.
I reckon it's a well-done site. It has lots of still pics of George and a couple of embedded videos.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Heyo..

Sorry but I do not print them anymore. Also, If you are already doing a street show and making good money, it may not be much benefit to you. The notes were basically a short outline of the formula of getting a crowd to stop, stay, and pay with a Dvd as a reference... This came from many younger magicians asking me how to put a street show together who knew not much about busking.. The Dvd was a "no" budget filmed show for a live audience in Shreveport Louisiana. The the audience wasn't great, and there were a lot of interruptions. only printed 100 copies and didn't expect to sell all the them but to my surprise they all sold in the first 2 weeks. Maybe somebody has a copy they can sell but I numbered and personalized each one.. I don't really have any desire to lecture again . It was a one time thing...

Sorry again I couldn't be of more help...
GG
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
George, thanks for explaining.
I've been doing street magic for 6 years and so know the basic principles. Knowing something, and carrying it out even better, however, is a constant challenge to all us street performers.

The fact that your package sold so quickly is a reminder that there's always going to be someone new wanting to come into street performing and wanting information, or someone going to benefit from re-reading information.

I reckon one of the keys to a good street show is knowing what tricks work well for us - as an individual performer. The street is the place we find that out. I've read perhaps a thousand magic tricks and I pick from only half a dozen or so for my Show . It was on the streets that I learnt which ones worked for me and my audiences. If I had only known that from the start... But then, I wouldn't have developed the routines I use now.

I'm expecting to buy the DVD 'Four of a Kind' which has you as one of the performers.
All the best, George.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I don't think I'm on the four of a kind Dvd.. At least I know I wasn't in San diego at the time they were filming it.. I left California much earlier....

I am however on jimmy talks slots lecture Dvd along with kris bentz (was this ever released? I have no clue might want to ask jimmy )

I decided not to get into the art of instruction on street magic.. Reason being because I don't look at the street magic or busking world as a business. I look at it as a brotherhood... There is bound to be conflict when you're making profit off performers, and selling to other performers. Especially in a tight community like ours.. Street magicians , at least the ones I know are not my customers they are my brothers... Hope this makes sense . I help people who seek my advice on the pitch but I don't charge.....
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
If I ever did a lecture again which I probably won't id probably make it free online if I thought magicians needed to see it. But I don't
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Oops,my mistake, George. The "four performers: Jimmy Talksalot, Kris Bentz, Eric Evans, and Chanz."

I can understand your viewpoint re other performers being your brothers.

For beginners and experienced performers wishing to improve their skills, the tuition comes from various sources.

I see on another current thead in this area of The Café, someone looking for help in the form of an insructional DVD on busking
without a table.
starksanity
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of starksanity
The Talksalot Lecture hasn't made it to DVD yet. There are a couple clips on YouTube. If there is interest in it I could look into putting out that information. Guess I'll have to track Jimmy down.

Kris
starksanity
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of starksanity
Found part of the Jimmy Talksalot lecture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4ub5Gfzzo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to buy "George Gilbert Notes and DVD"? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL