The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Does anyone remember the shop on Topanga canyon blvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
53 Posts

Profile of George50
It was a small shop but the people that ran it were nice I just don't remember the name of the place.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
What time frame, George? I remember on on Ventura Blvd. in the 1980's.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
53 Posts

Profile of George50
It was in the late 80's
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I believe it was called Magic World, 10122 Topanga Canyon, Chatsworth, CA. They closed sometime in the early to mid 2000's. You are right, they great folks to deal with.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
George50
View Profile
New user
Lancaster CA
53 Posts

Profile of George50
Thank you yes that was the place. What ever happened to the people that ran it?
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Sorry, I have no idea. Rich Raven, a past member of IBM ring 280, used to work there but I lost track of him about the same time.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
Definitely Magic World. The shop on Ventura Blvd. was called Magic Emporium, owned by Gary and Paula Wolfsberger, then Paula and Ken Gross. They had a four stores (Thousand Oaks, Montrose, Granada Hills, and Tarzana) and split them up when they split up. Worked there in the early 80's. Gary released a fabulous Ball and Cone routine plus a great Ambitious Card routine. My dad bought them for me in the late 70's.
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
52 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
I had so many VHS tapes from Magic World. It was a great source for magic in the valley. Sad it's gone.
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
I used to work in Paula and Ken's Thousand Oaks shop! That was a fun place to work but I used to hate having to put that wooden sign on the top of my new Camaro. Ugh!
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
837 Posts

Profile of Russo
See my posts - this forum // March 3-26-20 and one earlier , same forum same month..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Does anyone remember the shop on Topanga canyon blvd (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL