The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » New Years Eve show (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I am requesting prayers for a show I have this Wednesday evening at a Victory Outreach church here in Los Angeles. It will be a lot of fun and I have been looking forward to it since I was approached about it last month. I have half an hour and am planning on doing about 14 minutes of fun/entertaining type effects then will transition into a couple of gospel themed effects and also am planning to share about an 8 minute or so personal testimony. I'm finalizing things these last two days before this show etc and think I will be well prepared. The main reason I am even putting this up here relates to my son and the program he is in there. As some of you may know, my son overdosed last year right before Thanksgiving and has been in an intense struggle with the addictions. He was turned out of the Dream Center after a relapse but through all of that he ended up at a Victory Outreach home. We feel, at this time, that his arrival and acceptance into the Dream Center was definitely the Lord but also that it was a stepping stone to getting him where he is now. Anyways that is where my New Years Eve will be, me and my wife with my son Michael at Victory Outreach and I will be sharing in their program and also opening up myself personally with them. Just pray that the Lords blessing be upon everyone there, thanks guys.

Glen

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Love and prayers continue for you, Glen and your family.

It will be a blessing for you and those Celebrating Recovery.

Brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Awesome news Glen!

I'll be praying for you and yours! Be sure to come back with a good report!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Thanks Harris and Ted! I will post about the event sometime after Wednesday, definitely. Happy New Years! if I don't get back on here to say so beforehand.

Glen

p.s.- they are doing a medieval times theme so I will be donning my Gandalf "wizard" costume just to participate in the vibe!

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Happy New Year Wizard. Best wishes for a great start. Tonight is the night!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Hope New Year's Eve went well for you and the new year holds many blessings - thom
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2015, thomhaha wrote:
Hope New Year's Eve went well for you and the new year holds many blessings - thom

How did it go?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
The entire evening was absolutely great, my wife and I were both so glad that we spent the evening there at Victory Outreach in East L.A. They had the sanctuary totally decorated like the inside of a medieval castle and many were dressed and in costume. I was decked out in my Gandalf wizard costume. We also got to sit with Michael the whole time!
My half hour time slot came about 30 minutes into the program (at 9:30). They had planned a murder mystery which came after my show and everyone enjoyed that too, they had a great program planned out for the evening. I did about 4 effects that were just for entertainment and fun. Then a testimony/story time followed by a couple more effects with a gospel message then concluded with the dove pan reveal.

I opened with Dan Harlans Awakening, after a quick introduction to my "magic pan" (which I set aside and do a reveal at the conclusion of the show). Then followed with a couple of other effects, then I shared my approx 7 minute sharing/testimony time that was followed up by 2 "gospel message" effects then concluded with the dove pan reveal (overflowing with gospel bills, that I handed out throughout the evening)! They recorded the murder mystery and my show, so I hope I can obtain a copy. I made no effort to set up and do a recording. But if anyone wants to see my get-up and hear the little brown bible story, feel free to add me or request an add on FB and you should be able to see the little recording that my wife captured.

I shared a few stories from my personal experiences with the focus and intention of encouraging the brothers and sisters that were present and most currently living in recovery homes. I shared a very brief version of my conversion and my first answer to prayer experience that led to a story about something my wife and I have in common. I have termed it the story of the two brown bibles and my wife recorded that portion and she and I both posted/shared it on FB. Then my last story that I shared is about how God directed my path to the job that I was blessed with, after becoming discouraged etc. All of it pointed to the fact that God has a plan for our lives and has blessings beyond our expectations!

I got lots of positive comments and a couple of folks came up to tell me how I encouraged them and thanked me. Even the senior pastor came to our table and shared what it meant to him. It was really great and when we welcomed in the new year, there were many of those dear folks with tears in their eyes. Many missing their loved ones or kids and hugs were breaking out all over the building! There was no place I would rather have been.

Happy belated New Years to all you guys!

Glen Dodd

Crownhart
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Crownhart
Hello All,
I'm new to this Café' looking forward to conversing with fellow magicians. This is my first post, I signed up ages ago but this year I plan to participate in the middle of things. Congratulations on a successful show. Happy New Year, wishing everyone a blessed and fulfilling new year.

Michael
SinCIRCUSly,

Michael C. Crownhart
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
What a blessing it us to read your post Glen.

Shalom, Brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Great report Glen!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Glad to hear that it blessed you, Harris!
Thanks Theodore!
God is good.

Glen

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
God is good...all the time!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » New Years Eve show (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL