The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any plans for the new year? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
2015. The year I reinvent myself.

Or not.

I'd settle for cleaning out the basement.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I plan never to have another drink.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, funsway wrote:
I am going to take a new approach with renters. We will fill out the evictions papers together at the same time as the Rental Agreement and let them pay the fees.

Then, at the first hint of any violation of contract I only have to drop it off, and since they are signers of the suit there is no waiting period.

Then I can take their security deposit out of escrow and have a party.

Wow. Not sure what's more disheartening...having renters sign eviction papers as they move in...or the fact a mere "hint" justifies kicking somebody out into the street.

humm" who said anything about kicking people into the street?

Laws require going through a lengthy process of 60-90 day in which the renters can find a new place. I am just avoiding additional delays.

Since the renters have signed a contract saying they will vacate immediately if they violate it, why would I want to wait? Or them either?

Are you suggesting that a person should not follow their signed commitment, or that a contract is negotiable after the fact?

The key to this approach is to detect any lack of sincerity before the signing of the contract.

A clear understanding of benefits and consequences is essential any relationship.

They do not have to sign it. If they do, are I not violating a trust and the law by not enforcing it "to the letter?"

Read my statement again. There is no "as they move in" -- but before we sign the final agreements.

No one moves in until I have contracts signed and we have done a background check, talked with their employer, next of kin and former landlord.

This just a way of getting to the truth of renter intentions. What a cold read opportunity!

Don't want to give me the information? Find another place. Lie about anything on the application? Leave tomorrow.

Ask a question like, "I am agreeing to no pets. What if my brother decides to move in with his two dogs?" and my psychic self says, "I think you had better look for a different place to rent."

This isn't a video game -- it is real life.

Your suggestion that a person not be held to a written contract is very disheartening.

Simple, if you do not intend to keep your word do not rent from me. Our tenants that keep their word love us and our place and our arrangements.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I joined a crossfit gym last month and am loving it! Best workouts I have ever done.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
More of everything positve, less of everything negative.

Definitly and above all, more learning and performing.
Less drinking and being unproductive.
Reader discretion is advised.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any plans for the new year? (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL