The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Peanut butter cake filling (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
My son's birthday today. I tried a new recipe from a magazine and it's so good it's worth sharing.

I cheated and bought a dark chocolate fudge cake mix and chocolate buttercream frosting. Easier and usually cake mixes are better than most home made recipes I've tried.

But anywho... this filling is stellar if you like peanut butter.

8 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar divided into 2 half cups
3 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.

Beat cream cheese and peanut butter at medium to high speed until creamy. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat on low to medium until blended.

Beat cream separately on high until soft peaks form. Add remaining vanilla and powdered sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.

Gently fold the two mixtures together by hand with a spatula until well blended.

Use as desired for filling a layer cake.

I can see this having other uses as well; such as eating it from a large bowl with a spoon while surfing the Magic Café, hair mousse, a Nutella companion spread and possibly even marriage dowry.

Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Sounds very much like the filling for Peanut Butter Pie. Put it in a graham cracker crust and let set.

I've also used the "magic shell" chocolate ice cream topping to make delicious crunchy chocolate topping
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Just reading that clogged my arteries!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
It's good. Very rich, but good!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Peanut butter cake filling (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL