The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Locating aces from a borowed deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rahim
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of rahim
Hey guys,
Im new to this forum and I'm from a very small island called Maldives where it's impossible to get materials and info.

Can anyone suggest a way to locate and stack aces from a borrowed deck while shuffling ?
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Welcome Rahim!
There area two sides of the coin to look at here. First, you've come to the right place for knowledge! On the other hand, unless someone wants to PM you with help, you would have to wait until you reach 50 posts to access the Secret Sessions where magicians and the like can openly share secrets, ideas and advice of this sort. The reason for this is because those secret forums cannot be accessed via an internet search (Google, etc.). We take exposure pretty seriously around here, as I'm sure you can imagine Smile I hope this helps. Again, welcome. We hope to hear more from you in the future! Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Rahim,
Such questions have been asked before, essentially what it can boil down to is whether you want to give the perception of locating or stacking the aces during the shuffle or if you actually want to cull the aces during the shuffle.
Personally, and I think a number of people here would agree, the Dad Steven's Cull which comes up sooner in these discussions is next to impossible to get to a game speed for a number of reasons not the Holy Grail (check out genii forum for more on that question).
If you have more flexibility, well the possibilities are fantastic:
- can you spread the cards in your hand?
- can you spread the cards on the table?
- if in the course of a routine with a borrowed deck, can you routine around it?
Admittedly the last couple will be only useful for a magician/gambling demonstration scenario, as well as the Steven's Cull. The gambling side, well read a lot and work out if it's necessary to do so much.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
The Stevens' Cull. I can't say you killed me, LoicJ did it last week :p
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
694 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Arnold,
I thought that might kill you, hence why I added next to impossible to get up to speed (and I would add bending the cards drastically), though it looks as though David Ben believes he could be close Smile
( http://davidben.com/tag/riffle-cull/ )
EDIT:
I'm feeling generous so here is the Genii Forum discussion as well and alludes to why it it pretty much impossible
http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=3701
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Locating aces from a borowed deck (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL