The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Our Magic - Paul Wilson & DD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kj3
View Profile
New user
Ireland
22 Posts

Profile of kj3
Hey everyone!

Just saw the trailer for "Our Magic" produced by Paul Wilson and Dan and Dave.
http://shop.dananddave.com/magic-tricks/our-magic.html

So refreshing to see a film that really dives into the art of magic...and confronting some of the issues that are often overlooked. I haven't seen the film yet - so just wondering if anyone out there has? and would care to comment?

cheers! Smile
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star"
- Nietzsche
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I think most of us need to wait their delivery arrangement, especially for those kickstarter backers in magician category.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I bought this on demand and its a nicely produced documentary approximately an hour and a half. You'll certainly learn a lot about the art and what inspired some of the top names in Magic
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I absolutely loved this and can't believe more magicians aren't talking about it.
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
Wilson did a great job on this, we cabn only hope there's more to come.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Soon as I get my next bundle of cash - this is mine! Smile. Been waiting for a while, and it looks great.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Got it. It's superb! Really, really interesting and motivating!
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Seriously - I have to say it again: This film is wonderful! Loads of deep insights and interesting points of view from masters of magic, wonderfully inspiring and beautiful moments. I had goose bumps and tears and my heart felt full watching this. And make sure you watch all the credits right through to the very end Smile
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
This film is fantastic. Don't even think about it - purchase it; make a cup of tea and enjoy!
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Hello everyone,

In case you want the goods right away, go straight to the end to find the links to our first Our Magic podcast episode; Mahdi Gilbert was our guest.

Being obsessed with Magic since 1996 lead to many months struggling to make ends meet. Especially since I started attending conventions, especially since I do not perform to get all that money back, especially since I like to collect artefacts which are, most of the time, expensive and especially now that I am pursuing an acting career.

Anyway, to keep busy and creative watching and talking about movies, we launched a podcast with some drama school friends and we all know that February is famous throughout the world as #BlackpoolMonth, so... I figured I would make it a special month (trying to give back to the community sort of thing). Starting today with Mahdi Gilbert talking about this 2014 Our Magic documentary he was featured in.

Direct link: http://miawg.uk/OURMAGICa
Apple Podcasts: http://miawg.uk/OURMAGICaap

Thanks for your attention.

(BTW, if you have not seen the film - and you might want to see it before we come back in a few days with R. Paul Wilson's episode - it is available on Amazon Prime US and UK.)
Yann SICAMOIS
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
I got this FANTASTIC film from Vanishing Inc - great download - highly recommend the documentary. One question though --- anyone happen to know if there are subtitles to be found anywhere? Apparently the Amazon download has 'closed captions' - but that's not much use for those that already own the film. I see that most media players can connect to a subtitles file (presume a simple text file with cues?) and add subtitles. There seems to be plenty of user-generated-content with subtitles for foreign language movies. Does anyone know if this has been done for OUR MAGIC? I'm needing English for someone for whom English is not their first language --- second best would be Russian, though I realise that's even less likely... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Our Magic - Paul Wilson & DD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL