The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Aronson Artifice (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Anyone out there doing this effect from Card Ideas? It requires a heavily gaffed deck, and I just ordered a couple of force decks for the required duplicates. It is of course an older effect, first published back in the 70s, but it incorporates numerous clever attributes--Gilbreath principle, well-disguised equivoque, off-centre fishing, sure-fire forcing, subtle marking--that I suspect would make it a baffler to this day.

Grateful for anyone's experience with it. Better yet, if anyone does much the same thing by different means, I would like to learn about that too.

Many thanks in advance,

Les
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3852 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks for reminding! I made this deck up indeed 20 years ago - and found it in my collection. I agree that it is incredible clever and strong. In combination with Nemo 1500 it is a strong improvement. But I am sure you will find more applications. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Glad for your encouraging endorsement! I just ordered a couple of force decks from Martini's Magic so as to have plenty of copies of recommended force cards.

It also occurred to me that one could throw in some variety and make up the deck with the eight cards from the Mind Power deck and fish using that system. The one disadvantage there is you can get up to two "nos," whereas the off-centre fishing with the four choices originally put forth by Simon gives at most one and usually none.

I am also looking at exploring different means of dealing with revealing the prediction card at the end. I think it's easier to conceal four billets in a wallet rather than two DF cards, and I am sure there are other options.

I saw Kenton Knepper do a much simpler version of this at a workshop with a Svengali deck. His assistant was a fellow magician, and when I asked him afterward whether he noticed he was dealing from a gaffed deck, he responded he didn't even think of it.

I also love the Aronson Artifice because it uses the Gilbreath principle, and glorious gem of card magic theory that still fools me every time, even though I understand the math behind it.

Les
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3852 Posts

Profile of JanForster
True, I used 4 business cards with Stephen Tucker's "WoWallet" that offers at least 6 outs... I don't know if it is still available. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1231 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
You can buy the wallet here:
http://www.heinzmintenmagic.com/wallets.htm
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3852 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks Smile !
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
I often do a Koran type effect using the first say 5 cards of Mnemonica setting them up using David Regal's Lucky 7's trick and if they deal them face up I can easily tell what card they are on, I reveal my prediction using Greg Rostami's iForce App on my phone as I use it to draw my prediction before I do the trick, this would work perfectly for the Aronson Artifice, I think I am off to buy the necessary force decks!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Aronson Artifice (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL