The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Automata 2 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On May 31, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Filming will begin in a few weeks time.

There will be mental effects on the DVD. One of the effects is a triple prediction effect and at the end of the effect the audience are left with your business card.

Also, there will NO playing card effects.

I'm really excited about this one.

Hope that answers your questions for now.

Scoop, over and out.

You have been reading my Facebook page Jamie Smile

Yes, Jamie is correct, there won't be any playing card effects on the DVD!

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
50 Posts

Profile of depeka
Great to hear that Smile
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Sounds Great. Very Excited about A2 !

Does this include any more self working Coin Effects ! or Are the effects All or Mainly Mentalism ?
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2015, MikeMgc wrote:
Sounds Great. Very Excited about A2 !

Does this include any more self working Coin Effects ! or Are the effects All or Mainly Mentalism ?

The DVD includes 3 coin effects, one is my super easy and self-working coin bend, or double coin bend if you so wish. There is no switch of the coin, and it can bend in the spectator's hand, in your hand or in a purse which is being held by the spectator.

There are also two complete coin vanishes on the DVD, and both are self-working.....as are ALL of the routines on this set! And no card tricks!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Looking forward to this Gary

Mike Donoghue
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
50 Posts

Profile of depeka
Any release date? I will buy it!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Just got back from Gary's lecture in Sheffield...Superb!! Smile

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Has a release date been confirmed yet?
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
It's out already. Check out the other thread.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Chris. I did a search and this thread came up. The other is a duplicate.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Chris. I did a search and this thread came up. The other is a duplicate as this one was started first.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
This release only got 2 out of 5 on the Alakazam site. Does anyone know why?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
368 Posts

Profile of hornet
I've just taken a look and it's 2 stars for difficulty, not for a review.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
233 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
A nice DVD with something for everyone. Even if you do not use some of the tricks it may teach you principles for your own routines.

AMAZING BUSINESS - Triple prediction with business cards!
A triple prediction which leaves them with your business card. Gary suggests some nice variants - e.g. lottery tickets. For me this in some way epitomises the DVD. Tricks are put out there which you can use straight away but with suggestions of variants to increase the applicability and to encourage creativity. Nice trick

EARWORM - Reveal a song they’re thinking of!
You have a stack of billets with an artist and song on. They pick a billet and you tell them what they are thinking of. Very procedural but I am uncertain whether the procedure enhances the trick (they shuffle, they cut etc) or whether a more direct method (e.g. a classic force) would be stronger. I have a funny feeling the procedure may make it stronger but I would need to test it real world.

WEIRD WALLET - Three chances to win...they never do!
Nice trick with a good variation suggested for match boxes and children's parties. Again ticks are put out there which you can use straight away but with suggestions of variants to increase the applicability and to encourage creativity.

MY HERO - Which comic book superhero are you?
With a little thought there is an opportunity for some banter here.

PEEKY BLINDER - A three part mentalism spectacular!
Three spectators each draw a picture of their choice on the back of a business card (3 cards total), you match the item to the spectator

FIXED QUOTE - Did somebody say self working book test?
Very procedural but powerful, the kicker ending makes it worthwhile.

CHIP SHOT - Poker chip through table!
Very quick, direct, loved this.

P.O.A - Self working coin vanish...and reappearance?
Nice application of two methods, a keeper.

NO LUCK - Predict the outcome of three dice...almost!
They roll three dice, you predict the result, off by one.

AQUA RING - Houdini’s water torture escape, close-up!
A ring is tied onto a dental floss loop, the spectator checks the ring and the knot. The ring on the loop is lowered into a cup, the ring is revealed to be free. This is absolutely awesome. Gary Jones should either be given a knighthood or burned at the stake. With a little thought you can find your own variations.

LEAD FREE - Self working coin bend, anyone??
There are some subtleties on the handling of this that are just gorgeous! Congratulations Mr Jones and Mr Forrest.

So that's my review. I think everyone can find something they will like and will gain some useful knowledge of some general principles they may not have been aware of.
Let the Entertainment Commence!
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Re Fixed Quote, it would be helpful if they could supply the ISBN no for the book they used. I ordered one from Amazon but it was not the right edition with the required numbering system. Otherwise the trick is not able to be done. It is a very strong effect if the right book is used.
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
233 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
You can do it with any book. the numbers are the lines down, number of words in or whatever. Or just ask them to count. Focus on the solution not the problem and you will find one that suits Smile
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2015, RedHatMagic wrote:

AQUA RING - Houdini’s water torture escape, close-up!
A ring is tied onto a dental floss loop, the spectator checks the ring and the knot. The ring on the loop is lowered into a cup, the ring is revealed to be free. This is absolutely awesome. Gary Jones should either be given a knighthood or burned at the stake. With a little thought you can find your own variations.

LEAD FREE - Self working coin bend, anyone??
There are some subtleties on the handling of this that are just gorgeous! Congratulations Mr Jones and Mr Forrest.

Thank you for the review Danny, very much appreciated!

Aqua Ring works great for parlour type gigs, or when you have guests at home...or down the pub and in Cafés! (I have also used it at the tables) The the coin bend is just about as easy as it gets!

Although it states that there are 11 effects on this DVD, there are a load more on the explanations. Many of the effects use methods which can be adapted to many other effects, and everything on here is 100% self-working!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
233 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
philipsw
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Thanks for your review Danny. And for sharing mine Smile It is a great release. Often volume 2s are the b-list material, but not the case here. Roll on Vol 3!
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Is this being distributed in the US anywhere?
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Automata 2 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL