We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Can I go to an IBM meeting w/o membership just to see what it is like? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
I'd like to see what the local meeting looks like in person before I purchase membership; is this allowed? Or would the group recognize a RookieMage immediately and place me into Magic Jail, or worse, Felony Illusionist Prison?
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Most, if not all rings welcome non-members, as they are always looking to recruit a shiny new member! So get a hold of your local ring and find out when their next meeting is. They'll be able to give you all the details Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Thanks for the tip Raging_Onion, I'll give it a whirl!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Mike is right ... Most Rings welcome guests for two or three meetings. After that, most require you to join to continue. National membership is a requirement for most Rings if you choose to join local. If you need help finding a Ring, let me know.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
You're welcome Rookie! Skip is definitely the man to see if you need any assistance! Best of luck Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
By the way,RookieMage, these clubs were created to help the rookies and novices network and learn from the experienced and pro magi. Don't let the fact that you are a Rookie Mage deter you from checking your local club out. My Ring has rank beginners as young as 7 and 8 years all the way up to three Past International Presidents and several world-known magic authors and pros. All are welcome and we are likely to learn as much from you as you will from us.

Your Seattle club is Emerald City Wizards, Ring #52. The listed contact is JR Russell at jr@jrrussellfamily.com. Their I.B.M. listing says that they meet on the first Thursday of every month from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the King County Library. Their website is www.emeraldcitywizards.org. I have heard GREAT things about this Ring. You are quite fortunate to be in their area.

And thank you, Mike. You've lent many a helping hand and good word here, as well, and it is appreciated.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Thank you Skip! I'm somewhat of a rookie myself, so I'm constantly looking for new information. Knowing how that feels, I like to help others as much as possible! Thank you for your continued support and inspiration to all of us! Oh, and Happy New Year!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

Crownhart
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Crownhart
Tucson has a visit free two meeting policy in both IBM and SAM. Then you can join if you like, lectures are extra, but included if you are a club member. Nice benefit.
SinCIRCUSly,

Michael C. Crownhart
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Can I go to an IBM meeting w/o membership just to see what it is like? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL