The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One handed shuffle... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Diskord
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Diskord
I have been working on the one handed shuffle for about the last week off and on, and I am getting no where.

Perhaps someone could point me to a good site or offer tips on how to do it?

At first my problem was I was allowing the bottom half fall into the crutch between my thumb and palm, which I think was a big part of the problem. I am not sure, but when I started keeping the second half higher up on my thumb I was able to move it over better, but I was really slow and dropped cards off of the top half some of the time unless I tilted my hand.

I can split the deck and everything, but where I struggle is moving the separated halves into either side of the index finger.

I am sure more problems will arise when trying to ruffle the cards, but since I can't even get the halves apart cleanly it doesn't help to work on putting them back together. Smile

Sorry for such a newbie question, but I am a newbie, so what do you expect? Smile
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
This site might help you:

http://home.att.net/~sleights/card.htm
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Try putting a rubber band around each half and practice doing the separation and handling each half.
The band will keep the cards from falling all over the place and allow you some practice handling both halves.

Once your hands get used to the feel of handling both halves then remove the band and move on to the next phase. Keep trying it'll come! ~rr
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Dbzkid999 and ReyRey posted while I wrote this! There's already a topic here about this which gives the same site as Dbzkid999
gave. Check out Pasteboard frolics » » One handed shuffle
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One handed shuffle... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL