The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Squeeze Play versus Space Dice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I own Tenyo's Squeeze Play and always liked the effect. Just recently I saw similar trick called Space Dice by Tricks Co. Ltd on YouTube and was completed fooled. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUeN89IncUI&safe=active

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how effects are done but the use of the clear panels and completely clear cup have me scratching my head.

Does anyone know of a place where I can still purchase this trick or does anyone have an extra they would be willing to sell or trade? If so please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Kirk
tenyo4life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of tenyo4life
Its looks awesome,
i Wonder if this is old or New?
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
This is an older Tricks Company item that is no longer made. I hope I can find one somewhere.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, kwarren wrote:
I own Tenyo's Squeeze Play and always liked the effect. Just recently I saw similar trick called Space Dice by Tricks Co. Ltd on YouTube and was completed fooled. Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUeN89IncUI&safe=active

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out how effects are done but the use of the clear panels and completely clear cup have me scratching my head.

Does anyone know of a place where I can still purchase this trick or does anyone have an extra they would be willing to sell or trade? If so please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Kirk

Through my search, Tricks Co., Ltd., in Japan, went out of business a long time ago.

What not post your request in the "Let's Make a Deal" section of the Café and see if anyone still has one they want to sell. Can't hurt.

I have found, just buying tricks to know how they are done, is never good. Best to buy magic you like to perform. Just because you were fooled or "can't figure it out", is no reason to hunt down a trick. Tricks like this are mechanical, thus the solutions is not usually the person performing, but the way the item was made. Just sayin'.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Bill, I do understand what you're saying about buying tricks just to see how they're done.
For cost reasons, I never do this.
I like magic that truely fools people using simple props. This trick seem to fit that mold which is why it interests me.
I'm also a Tenyo and Tricks Co. collector which is my other reason for seeking out this item. Smile
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Thank you for sharing this link. I think I have worked this out. It is worth emphasizing that Magic Patagonia is a very skilled magician and has some beautiful performance videos.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It would be a better trick without those white designs on the plastic. Whenever you see something like that, something which has no business being there, that usually gives away the method. Still, it looks great on the video.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Bill makes a good point but us Tenyo and other Jaapn magic collectors rarely buy based on "practical reasons" Smile We generally love clever mechanical methods. That is a nice Video but afetr a couple of viewings the method became a little transparent... no pun intended. I have a number of variations on Squeeze Play and would like to track this down as well. Thanks for posting the link.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Kirk [/quote]

I have found, just buying tricks to know how they are done, is never good. Just because you were fooled or "can't figure it out", is no reason to hunt down a trick. Tricks like this are mechanical, thus the solutions is not usually the person performing, but the way the item was made. Just sayin'. [/quote]

I have bought tons of stuff over the years just to find out how they are done. But 99% of the time I am disappointed and underwhelmed with the secret. Also the effect usually looks better on the video than it does just sitting in my hands. Like the man said; "just sayin"
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Is "not examinable" too bold a statement as to method?
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I have one complete mint for sale. send me offer if someone is interested
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
To really see the fantastic possibilities of this effect, check out the great write-up for it in that new book, Tenyoism, by what's his name.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I don't even remember how many different handlings of Squeeze Play are in Tenyoism. Two? Three?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Actually there are four great handling options written up Smile I drooled over the picture of the special props made by the late Anverdi for this effect.

Interesting to read that Sugawara's original idea was to use dice instead of the pucks. I have a nicely made version using dice. It was called Squeeze Away Die and made by Jack Miller.
Hookem
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Hookem
Agree. Nicely done, but not hard to figure out. I think Squeeze Play is more baffling.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Squeeze Play and Impossible Pen are two great Tenyo effects that were discovered by accident.

"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have set of the Space Dice pls PM me if anybody need it. Tq
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
"I don't even remember how many different handlings of Squeeze Play are in Tenyoism. Two? Three?"

LOL. It's been that long already, Richard?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

With over 365,000 words and 1300 pages, yes! It's been that long and longer. My old brain ain't what it used to be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Squeeze Play versus Space Dice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL