The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will Seattle Win? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Wowzer!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Easily one of the best playoff games I've ever seen.

Are there STILL doubters out there?

GO HAWKS!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Congratulations Seahawks fans! They proved me wrong in dramatic fashion. I thought the Packers had them beat. What a great game!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Easily one of the best playoff games I've ever seen.

Are there STILL doubters out there?

GO HAWKS!

I don't know about "still," but after watching both games, I'm certainly less confident than I was about Seattle's chances against New England,
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Congratulations, Bob. You picked it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Michael-

The Packers seriously had me worried. If they'd have won the game they would certainly have been my favorite in the Super Bowl. They are a great team and really played well.

And I give a lot of credit to those Packer fans who had the courage to wear their cheese heads at the game. Smile

Lobo- The Patriots victory was impressive, but the Colt's defense doesn't even come close to Seattle's, who would have defeated them just as handily.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Opening point spread is Seattle by 1 or a push.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Seattle opened as a 2.5 point favorite...heavy immediate action on the Patriots moved the line significantly.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
A 1.5-point move is a lot.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bob give credit to them wearing those things anywhere!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
As a Lions fan I must say it is very satisfying to see Green Bay lose in that manner!

The Packers deserve all the misery due them because that's what happens to those who hide listening devices in our cheese!

David
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 18, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Seattle opened as a 2.5 point favorite...heavy immediate action on the Patriots moved the line significantly.

Opening odds are set by the odds makers and I take them most seriously. After that they simply fluctuate based on betting. Since there are arguably a lot more Patriot fans than Seattle fans (a good part of the country doesn't even pay attention to Pacific Northwest football), I think it's impressive that Seattle isn't already listed as underdogs like they were last year against Denver.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
They take the anticipated betting into account when setting the opening line. I think they underestimated the effect of how bad Seattle looked and how good New England looked. I think we'll see a swing back to Seattle -2 or thereabouts, and it was pick'em at one point. They could get fleeced on a close Seattle victory, paying out to New England +2.5 and Seattle -.5 or so.

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

And, I suggest, the anticipated betting has a lot to do with the factors I mentioned in my last post.

And I think Seattle looked amazingly good in the last quarter, like they always do. If you look back at all of their games you'll find that they always play best in the second half of games and have frequently been behind tied or barely ahead at halftime.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5146 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Was definitely a great game and my team lost but now I have to jump to my sons side and root on the Patriots for the Super Bowl win.

One thing I loved about the game was the "golden shoe bottom" making it soooooo easy to see when he stepped out of bounds at the 9. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

He wore the golden shoes for good luck. It worked!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5146 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

And I think Seattle looked amazingly good in the last quarter, like they always do. If you look back at all of their games you'll find that they always play best in the second half of games and have frequently been behind tied or barely ahead at halftime.

I felt like Green Bay almost "gave up" in the end. They weren't ahead by near enough to waste a drive trying to run down the clock. They could have at least tried for a FG and clinched the game but they seemed satisfied with running time down. Very bad ideas in last couple games. (Not going for 2 against Dallas).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes. They also chose to go for a field goal early in the game when they were in perfect position to go for a first down in the red zone, only being about a yard short. Had they failed, Seattle would have had terrible field position.

Very timid play.

And that's one of Seattle's strengths all season- they're never timid.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
426 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think the game was lost in the first two possessions. Having to settle for field goals killed them in the end.

Still though dude playing with torn hamstring is one tough dude.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will Seattle Win? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL