The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will Seattle Win? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1327 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I call it like this: Green Bay played "not to lose", Instead of playing to win!

I can't go against the home team, no matter the points spread...ever!!

Let's go PATRIOTS!!!!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5097 Posts

Profile of RNK
The Patriots are very good. Bill B. is a coaching genius (sneaky to!). But after seeing the resilience of the Seahawks in that comeback win- I can't see how they lose. As a Steeler fan- we can't stand the Patriots. If the Pats win that would bring their total to 4 Superbowls, this would be only 2 for the Hawks- so I have to root for the Hawks. Help keep the Steelers the Lone Ranger at 6!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17612 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WOW!!! What a nail biter ... I was at the ECSS and missed the lecture I wanted to see the most, yet I HAD TO STAY TO THE END ... even though they were down by 12 with only 4 minutes to go !!! Best decision of the day!!!
I texted my son MIRACLE COMEBACK with 5 minutes left...Then the CHEESE interception... Then the MIRACLE!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Epic meltdown...BEAT THE PATS
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
If Rogers was healthy, The PACK would have won.
I am a Patriots fan, but ROGERS is the real deal.
I think most of us could agree the top 3 teams in the NFL all got off to pretty poor starts....
RELAX.....
I was told that the TE that messed up was actually suppose to block not attempt to catch the on side kick.
The only advantage the PATS have is the passing game.
I expect GRONK to be covered by a DB since the colts did well;however, Juliam will get open.
( BTW has anyone seen a better CB that that guy on the colts?)
I have see games when BLOUNT can't be stopped, but they do not stick with it.
HERE IS A SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.
3rd down and six,,,,SEATTLE RAN..... How many teams would have done that?
Live by the sword...die by the sword
If New England can stop the run, and that is a big if, they will win.
I also think Collins will play a major role. He is a great at blitzing.
And here is my prediction......
BOTH THESE TEAMS WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR (UNLESS THERE IS A MAJOR INJURY)
For all you PAT fans out there, can you imagine our D if MAYO could stay healthy!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If, if...

If horses were wishes then beggars would ride.

Here's the only "if" that matters: If Seattle scores the most points they will win. Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
If horses were wishes then beggars would ride.

Pretty sure it's the other way round.

That first part, that is.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

LOL! You're right. If WISHES were horses then beggars would ride.

You should hear my versions of other proverbs! (Especially after a few more drinks.)
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Seattle won't win.

Seattle WINS!!!!!! (Tonight)
What was it 17 to 31?????
Great game ... Closer than the point spread.

No. The point spread was 11. Seattle won by 14.

And, magicfish, I don't know what team you've been watching, but Seattle certainly did win and will continue to win. First Super Bowl winner since 2005 to have a playoff victory the following season. Best all around team in the NFL, hands down.

We'll see Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Will Seattle win?

Depends on who inflates the footballs.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
There's only one team rumored to be guilty of that .... But I still predict Seattle will win.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Will Seattle win?

Depends on who inflates the footballs.

I thought this was an odd controversy.

Each team provides their own footballs right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

That's the problem. The offense always uses their own balls.

From what I heard on the news tonight, this controversy began in the Colts previous game with the Patriots when a ball intercepted by the Colts felt odd to the intercepting player, who turned it over to his equipment manager. It was under-inflated.

Apparently the Baltimore Ravens also suggested that New England was using under-inflated balls.

Couple this with the "spygate" scandal in the Jets game a few years back and Tom Brady's statement in an old interview that he "liked under-inflated balls," and it doesn't seem that odd at all. Under-inflated balls, I understand, are easier to grip and catch in cold or wet weather. And the earlier incident with the Jets shows that Bellichek isn't above a bit of cheating.

It's hard to believe it was accidental that eleven out the twelve balls provided by the Patriots were found to be under-inflated at half time.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I've been wondering how it all works myself. This article has a nice description:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/0......ory.html

At least one official touches the football on every play ...

Per the NFL rulebook, each team provides game officials with 12 footballs before the game, and the balls are required to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. The referee inspects the game balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff, places a special marking on each ball that passes inspection, and hands the approved balls to attendants on each team, who are supposed to maintain custody of the balls on each sideline.

Each team uses its own football on offense - a 2013 New York Times article said that each team even has its own logo on the football when on offense - and teams are allowed to slightly doctor the footballs to their preference. "Rubbing up" the football with dirt to make it less slippery is common, and so is slightly adjusting the inflation levels.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Balducci-

In the news story I saw on CNN. it was stated that, after pre-game inspection the balls are put into ball bags and given to the equipment manager who then puts the bag on the sideline, where it is basically left unattended, despite the rule book.

Apparently, the difference in feeling isn't all that apparent unless you actually squeeze the ball, something the officials rarely do during the course of the game. (I imagine that will change, though.)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17612 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It appears to be cheating to me at this point. Someone deflated the balls ... 11 out of 12 of them. NOT AN ACCIDENT!
It's too late to argue if it's a good or bad rule ... it's a rule! And they intentionally broke it. I'd personally make them forfeit the game. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

That's not going to happen. The rules state that this violation can be punished with a $25,000 fine and the loss of a draft choice. Apparently, though, individual fines or suspensions could be imposed on any players or staff directly involved.

But even the Colts have acknowledged that the under-inflated balls had little to do with the loss.

The question is why the Patriots felt the need to cheat in the first place and if this sort of thing has been going on all season.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Tom Brady...the best cold-weather quarterback in NFL history...hmmmmm
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Tom Brady...the best cold-weather quarterback in NFL history...hmmmmm

Brett Favre?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Well, I cant possibly cheer for the Pats so....go HAWKS!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will Seattle Win? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL