The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which one to get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi, I don't know where to put this since it is cards, coins, mentalism, linking rings, etc. so I'll put it here in the card section. If it needs to go somewhere else, could a mod please move it? Anyway, for a long time I have been thinking about getting one of these items. In your opinion, which one do you is best?

1. Xpert
2. Color Fusion
3. Cultural Exchange
4. Cultural Exchange 2
5. Three Ring Circus
6. TVBO

Also, if you only have one or two of these, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I would go with three Ring Circus if I were you.
magiclou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magiclou
Expert because the effects are limitless with your imagination and it is a diabolical utility device every magician and mentalist should own.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Another vote for the Xpert, don't have 3 ring circus but odds are it has some good stuff on it.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Thanks for the Xpert votes, guys. Honestly, I don't have any of the others you've mentioned, but have heard good things about some of them. But without knowing your performing venues, performing style, or level of experience, I would be hard-pressed to recommend any of them, anyway.

With that said, there is one thing I've discovered when somebody asks the "what should I buy" question: t's usually because he's still trying to figure out what his performance style is, and he's hoping the next new trick will contain the answer.

It won't.

If this applies to you, pause for a few minutes and think about who you are as a performer. What experience do you want to give your audience? How do you want them to perceive you and your abilities? Under what conditions/in what venues do you perform (or desire to perform)?

After you've answered all that to your satisfaction, you'll be in a much better place to consider the acquisition of any new material.

Best of luck,
Neil

P.S. If this didn't apply to you, maybe it will open the eyes of somebody who chances across it.

P.P.S. Want to know a secret? The best new tricks aren't the ones all your magic friends are buying up -- they're the ones you'll discover for yourself in The Jinx and Tarbell. And they're both steals -- you can get all three volumes of The Jinx on a CD-ROM for about $20, or in bound volumes for about $25 each. Tarbell goes for anywhere from $20 to $30 per volume (get all eight, or buy them individually). Happy hunting! NT
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Thanks Neil, terrific post. I can never gobble up enough wisdom from the professionals that post on these boards. Love the Café…
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
I love MAGIC
View Profile
New user
USA
12 Posts

Profile of I love MAGIC
I think the 3 ring circus looks the best. Penguin magic has a demo video on it. It looks pretty cool! I would get that one if I were you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which one to get? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL