The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnson Products Bang Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
I recently bought a large collection (I never get tired of saying that!) and in it is something I've never come across before. It's called a "Bang Box" and made by Johnson Products. Basically it is a Bang Ring but it is all enclosed. It is black anodized aluminum and looks a little like an Okito Box. But it came with an instruction sheet so I know exactly what it is. Anyone ever seen one of these before? More importantly, anyone know why you would need a Bang Box instead of the simpler Bang Ring? I can't imagine any real advantage in having a box to separate your gimmicked coins. Was this just a short-lived novelty?

Mike
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
I need to clarify that the Bang Box does not have the original instruction sheet, I mis-remembered what I had. It is in an envelope labeled "Johnson Bang Box." Just thought I should mention it since whoever labeled the envelope could have made an error.

Mike
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Profile of chasesummers20
Maybe it's for reseting in front of people. You put one coin in the box and place it on the table and now 2 coins in the box. Or maybe you just put your coin away in the box only to bring out 2 later in front of people. I can't think of any other uses but I'm sure there are more. I saw that no one was commenting so I figured......
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
The only thing about the Bang Box is that it is actually more difficult to use than a traditional Bang Ring. You have to hold the box tightly closed while banging the thing and it seems a lot more force is needed than with the usual Bang Ring. It really takes a couple good smacks on a hard surface to get the coin inside to open up. I think one could be more subtle employing a ring rather than the box. But it is a cool oddity!

Mike
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Profile of chasesummers20
Oh. I have never seen a bang box
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2015, MERose wrote:
The only thing about the Bang Box is that it is actually more difficult to use than a traditional Bang Ring. You have to hold the box tightly closed while banging the thing and it seems a lot more force is needed than with the usual Bang Ring. It really takes a couple good smacks on a hard surface to get the coin inside to open up. I think one could be more subtle employing a ring rather than the box. But it is a cool oddity!

Mike

Maybe that's why they don't make them anymore...
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Send the question to Johnson? I've always found contact with them to be very warm and cordial.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
Good idea! I'll email Johnson.

Thanks!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnson Products Bang Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL