The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Happie Amp Wireless Music Feed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
For those that use the Happie Amp... I'm considering buying a second amp with the same frequencies, but realize that I will probably be feeding my music device through a belt pack to both amps simultaneously. Do many use this method? Is it reliable and does it work well?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Best person to ask is the originator, Brian Foshee. brian@bhappie.com.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I use this method, and yes it works great. That is the beauty of having two mics on two separate frequencies. I use one for voice and one for music, and have the two amps on simultaneously to cover more of the room. Works great. -Jeff
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
A question I've always wondered about is: With the two amps, is it possible to run the music in stereo?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Yes, it is! I set one amp on the left and one on the right, turn them on and run my mic and music through both systems at once. As long as you tell Brian you want 2 systems with the same frequencies, you're able to do this.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Jkvand, do you have to split the wires coming from your music device? In other words, are you hearing a "true" stereo? (i.e. the left channel of the music in the left speaker, and the right channel of the music in the right speaker). Or is it a mono mix of the music which sounds the same in both speakers?
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Sorry Arthur, I misunderstood your question. I'm actually not sure that it is in 'true' stereo. I believe it's a mono mix of the music which sounds the same in both speakers. A sound tech may be able to find a way to actually split the sound, but I don't know how.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks, Jkvand. I guess the solution would be to "doctor" and split the wires coming out of the music device, so you could plug the left and right channels individually into left and right speakers. But that would be for an ideal "true" stereo sound. However, for most performances, I see nothing wrong with your set-up of two Happie amps, each playing the same mono tracks. I'm sure it adds volume and gives you more of a balanced sound. For my own smaller shows I use just one Happie amp with mono sound.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Happie Amp Wireless Music Feed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL