The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Sword (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I am looking for a new one. Which one do you like the best? Also, as anyone ever seen the card sword that looks like a samurai sword. If so is there a video some where? Thanks

Michael
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have never seen a Samurai Card Sword. I would think the blade would be to thick. Not say you could not use it for the effect. Dick Zimmerman sold a card on Extend-a-Pen Pointer used for lectures by the instructor. It is one method that could be use.

Stevens Magic sells a very nice saber sword:
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/card-s......s-steel/
Just make sure you get additional gimmicks.

Abbott's has been the standard for many years.
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Card-......oryId=-1

A manufacturer from overseas once sent me some pictures of his swords. They looked beautiful, but with language barriers and his price, it was not anything I would use. He did not give much information and it sounded like he wanted to wholesale them. I was commenting on Card Swords here on the Café and he just sent me his information.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Michael -

I like the look of the one Stevens sells better than Abbott's...and if you are looking for the Samurai version try this: (no video though!)

http://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=7920

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Bill and Stanyon. I like that assassin card sword maybe someone here has one and can talk about it.

Michael
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From the write up on Midwest Magic website, it sounds a lot like an adaption of Zimmerman method. I wonder how much the trick is without the Samurai Sword, being it is not gimmicked for the trick.

When I seen Lance Burton do his exchange illusion with the dueling swords, he performed a card on Sword before beginning the illusion. To me it looked like he did not use a gimmicked Card sword.
Matthijsvr
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Matthijsvr
I've ordered the Professional card sword from Hokus pokus, and hope I'll have it by friday.
I'll keep you posted!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks everyone. One question that I have is when you put the cards on the sword and flick them in the air. Can the audience see the card on the sword as it goes up to stab the cards or does the card appear on the sword like in the other versions. I know it does not work with the elastics.

Thanks
Bairefoot
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
On Johnny Carson, as I remember, the camera angle took care of that problem. All is so fast, it is a situation where the sword is faster then the eye.

This says it is a Docc Hilford trick, I don't have all his DVDs, but could this be on one of his marketed videos?
http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/category/products/

I would never purchase this without seeing a demo of the trick. I would contact Docc Hilford at least and see if he could answer your questions.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Did you get your card sword Matt?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Sword (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL