The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anti-Gravity by Nathan Kranzo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
LIBERATE YOURSELF FROM THREADS.

Why does ANTI-GRAVITY fool magicians?

Because there's always a missing piece of the puzzle. "If you're not using threads, how do you make the bill float?" and "if you're not hooked up to it, how do you make it fall on command?"

I've seen first-hand how fooling this is. Nathan fooled the crap out of me with it at lunch a few months ago (I'll admit it! I had no clue).

Will this be your favorite way to levitate? YES. Why? Because you can do it everywhere! It's so practical! No thread means zero stress.

ANTI-GRAVITY is actually 2 tricks in one.

The levitation: Gently, you remove your hand from below a balancing BORROWED bill and it stays in place, hovering in mid-air.

It falls on your command: Without touching it, you cause the bill to drop like a dead-weight.

And with Nathan's pro tips on how to always be ready to go, you'll be LOVING this trick every day.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5125

The description sounded better to me than the actual demo, it's in Penguin cool box today.m
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Got this, exactly what I thought. It's not bad.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Is it worth $6 . The trailer was a let down. I thought they meant full levitation of the bill but it's more of a balance to me.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
The demo itself is a little too fast-paced or "techno" for my taste. But the trick *kills*.

When you perform this slowly in a nice, relaxed environment like a Café or bar, it just doesn't get better than that.

That's actually how Kranzo got me with it. We were getting lunch, and he casually starts to show me something as though he's just describing a trick... then the darn thing starts floating. On command it drops to the floor, and funny story, the bill landed on the floor standing on one end.. It was just impossible. He handed it right back to me, and I was stumped for at least 3 reasons..

With Kranzo's tips (my favorite is the button-holder one) this is the most practical levitation I know..
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
I purchased this but I am not completely happy with it.

The gimmick is simple handled. that's nice.

But.. letting the bill drop? I like the moving hands around and snapping the bill down - when not forcing the bill to drop! But when forcing.. the b**w? Is that not wayy to obvious? I guess he didn't use that method at the lunch because it completely kills the slow-pace of the trick that you have to use a hard b**w.

I hope I am not giving away too much! If so, tell me, and I delete quickly.

Any other ideas for forcing the bill to drop?
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Is it worth $6 . The trailer was a let down. I thought they meant full levitation of the bill but it's more of a balance to me.

It is worth $ 6 yes. But the instructions seem very fast recorded and there is nearly only talk on how ditching the gimmick. I would have wished more instructions on dropping the bill - reactivating the gravity - in a natural, magical way.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Actually he did use the forcing drop. It would be nice if you didn't discuss the method further here.

Also, with this trick (like many others), it's not fair to make a snap judgement. You really have to give it a serious try. It will surprise you!
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Acar wrote:
Actually he did use the forcing drop. It would be nice if you didn't discuss the method further here.

Also, with this trick (like many others), it's not fair to make a snap judgement. You really have to give it a serious try. It will surprise you!

I will respect that. But it is normal on this forum to ask for other ideas.

I will give it a serious try - only I have to say that watching him perform the forcing drop in the instructions video looked very suspiciuos to me. So the lack of performances on the video does meet its limiations here - some more recordings of performance would be a good idea - just an advice!

But I recommend others to buy this effect! I don't regret buying it. Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I bought this even though the method was pretty obvious. I am not disappointed except for one thing. The wording in the ad says "hovering in mid-air". You cannot hover the bill in mid-air with this effect. You can do exactly what Nathan shows on the video, i.e., have the bill hang over the edge of any object in a seemingly impossible position. This is not hovering, nor is it suspended in air. It is balanced (for lack of a better word) off the edge of a table (or just about any other object). If you can live with this caveat it's a simple, easy to perform effect.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I agree, its a balancing effect, not levitation or hovering. The funny thing is the ad copy focuses on how it doesn't use any thread, but most balancing effects don't use thread either... still looks good for what it is, though I think the ad copy should be revised accordingly.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Great points, guys. It's kinda hard to convey things like this sometimes, and that's helpful feedback. Thanks!

For example, the class/famous trick, the chair levitation (is the girl levitating?) is also called the chair suspension (is she suspended?). This is basically a mini version of that effect.

I'll make some changes to the ad copy soon. Good stuff, and thanks for caring enough to write!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Are there any lighting or angle restrictions? Thanks.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I like this. It's clever, easy to do and more believable than a floating bill.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can this be repeated for the same person? And can the dollar bill be signed?

Regards,
Mike
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Are there any lighting or angle restrictions? Thanks.

None
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm still on the fence. I'm hoping somebody will push me over.

I guess my confusion comes from the beginning of the video where I thought I saw him levitating the bill in midair. But this thread make it clear that it is strictly a balancing effect, kind of similar to one Sankey put out a year or two ago,
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, insight wrote:

Regards,
Mike

Yes and yes. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thanks, Rick!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Quote:

Regards,
Mike

Yes and yes. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
My final question/s before potential purchase: is the purchaser of the effect required to build the gimmick? If so, how complex of a task is this, and how much will it cost to source the materials, if any? Also, how are the angles? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
My final question/s before potential purchase: is the purchaser of the effect required to build the gimmick? If so, how complex of a task is this, and how much will it cost to source the materials, if any? Also, how are the angles? Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

zero angle problems. you may already have the materials, if not...a few bucks. building the gimmick - easy. It's $6 bucks. Live on the wild side.

Preston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anti-Gravity by Nathan Kranzo (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL