The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
577 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I got my new Mendoza Combo Cups " antique bronze" from RNT2 a few days ago. I've been wanting these for a while. But they were out of stock. So I emailed Donnie at RNT2 to see when they will be back in stock. To my surprise Donnie told me he will make a set for me that week. I just want to say that this was my first time I ever bought anything from Donnie. And for him to go out of his way to please me shows me what kind of man he is. He has make me a loyal customer. I will come back to RNT2 for all my Cups And Balls needs.

Emmett Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome to the "We love Donnie and RNT2" club. You are joining hundreds of previous members.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
753 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I've been waiting a year and half for Donnie to restock the Don Alan mini chop cups in 'antique bronze'. I've sent two emails in the last three months checking in to see what the status is; both emails went unanswered.

I finally gave up and ordered a mini Don in satin copper and some extra balls for other cup sets. I received my order this week. Everything is beautiful and so well made. So, if you're reading this Donnie, it's all good.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1119 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Antique Bronze needs a clear coat. I spent all last summer experimenting with new clears because I wasn't happy with lacquer.
Because my spray booth is not heated, I can't spray in the winter. When the weather gets warm enough to spray, I now have a solution, so next summer should see more Antique finishes.
Sorry for not responding to queries about items that are out of stock Scott. Most of those questions are just impossible to answer as I produce items in larger quantities now, and can't really be certain when I'm going to get to something that is out of stock. Signing up for Back In Stock Notification on an item is a sure way to get notified WHEN an item is back.
Thanks for the kind words Emmett!
And Wizard, you are hilarious!
Learn the form, but seek the formless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn the way, then find your own way. Rings-N-Things
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
We Clevelanders need to stick together Smile Plus what I said is true. I loved the original Rings-N-Things, and respected their commitment to top of the line props. But you've taken RNT2 to another level regarding quality, knowledge, and customer service.

See you at Magi-Fest!!! I can't wait to see what you're bringing.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
RNT2 rocks. Simply the best range of Cups and Balls. Customer service is second to none. This is a business aimed at magicians who care about their gear. They cater to a range of prices, and barring Brett Sherwood items, they will pretty much provide what you want.

And if you look back on these threads, Donnie is an owner of Brett's cups, and he is a fan. There is no silly posturing, or b*tch*ng, just a proper collegiate attitude.

Vive la RNT2!
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I think One person can really makes a diffrence. thanks Donnie
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I have always had tip-top, first-class service from Donnie and RNT II. I ordered some extra ball sets from them this week and, as always, the service was professional and QUICK.

Thanks, Donnie.

Sean
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years!

Really folks, Chop Cups, Cups & Balls, Balls of all colors and sizes. Incredible selection. You say, "Oh! Expensive!" Yeah. Save for it. These are not Morrissey cups! These are the real thing! I think the best value is getting a Combo set, and extra balls. That way, you get a regular Cups & Balls and a free Chop Cup.

http://www.rnt2.com/

Doug
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1055 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Another vote for Donnie! Anyone looking for a new set of cups in just about every known make and model, and vintage reproduction PF cups should look no further. His selection of crochet balls are second to none with the exception of Brett Sherwood and that couple in France who manufacture crochet balls. I have some of Jake's PF cups and they are also superb.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2015, Dougini wrote:
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years!

Your correct Doug; the Stainless Steel PF cups were made during Jake's time at RNT2 (pre Donnie).
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you Mr. Muggle! Good to see ya! Smile

These were gifted to me a few years ago by a VERY generous and thoughtful member of the Café. Having recovered my magic (a miracle), I compared my Morrissey cups to these. Chevy Vega vs. Ferrari. The weight, the balance. The high quality knit balls. No comparison.

Doug
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Donnie Buckley has been the best thing that has happened to Rings and Things since Mike Brazill founded the company. He is producing a huge variety of cups. Once I get the museum set back up again, I'll be ordering some new things from him.

He is a real gentleman to deal with.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Bill Palmer wrote:
Donnie Buckley has been the best thing that has happened to Rings and Things since Mike Brazill founded the company. He is producing a huge variety of cups. Once I get the museum set back up again, I'll be ordering some new things from him.

He is a real gentleman to deal with.

Bill,, was just wondering why you left our name in the list?

Best,
Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Jake! Good to see ya! Smile

Doug
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Hi Jake! Good to see ya! Smile

Doug

Thank you Dougini, it's nice to be back.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1774 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Hey, Jake. Somebody told me you died! Wow, great that you're still around.

I bought many sets of cups from Jake, from Sisti cups to Mendoza, Bells of St. Marys, and many, many others. The set I've settled on, the last set I bought, is Jake's original design: the Foxy 2.5 cups, pictured on the cover of the Vernon Chronicles. They are perfect.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Jake, long time - no see!
"But there isn't a door"
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, Tom Fenton wrote:
Jake, long time - no see!

Hi Tom. Good to hear from you. All the best to you and your family.

Love,
Jake
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, Ray Haining wrote:
Hey, Jake. Somebody told me you died! Wow, great that you're still around.

I bought many sets of cups from Jake, from Sisti cups to Mendoza, Bells of St. Marys, and many, many others. The set I've settled on, the last set I bought, is Jake's original design: the Foxy 2.5 cups, pictured on the cover of the Vernon Chronicles. They are perfect.

Ray, good to hear from you and by rights I should of passed away. I've suffered 3 comas, all from a medication I was prescribled. I suffer from Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome. I've been in and out of coma's for the past few years.

My sons and daughters are taking over now.

If you read up on the disease, you'll find out just how lucky I am to be alive after one attack yet alone 3. I really do miss everyone here.

Love and Blessings,
Jake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL