The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Jake,
It's good to see you back and even better to know that you're still with us!
Great to see you!
Bri
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
Jake,
It's good to see you back and even better to know that you're still with us!
Great to see you!
Bri

Thank you Bri, good to be back. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Blessings,
Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1072 Posts

Profile of BCS
Jake... Always good to see an old friend. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Bruce
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Jake, wonderful to see you around.

todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Todd, Bruce, Jake, Tom, Bill... It's like a reunion!
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Hi Jake:

Good to see you back. Sounds like you've been through a lot. Wish you all the best from here on in.

Sean
("Fortasse")
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5223 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Jake, wow. That is some serious **** you've been through.
I'm sending you some "Mad" Oz magic for what it's worth.
Glad to have you back, scary clowny-self and all.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Thank you for the well wishes and I'm very glad to be back to participate in discussions.
And to see everyone again.

Blessings,
Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
abbascup
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of abbascup
It's awesome to have Jake back! Great wit and insights for this forum!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1755 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bluesman:

How do you like your Mendoza Combo Cups? Mine are satin copper and I LOVE 'em. Fabulous cups!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Where's Bill Palmer been?
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
577 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Rainboguy wrote:
Bluesman:

How do you like your Mendoza Combo Cups? Mine are satin copper and I LOVE 'em. Fabulous cups!

Well Rainboguy, my cups looks great! And I love the weight of them also. I have three routines work out so far.

Emmett
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2650 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hi Jake, Bill doesn't post like he used to around here. Man, I think of all the cups, chop cups, balls, and even a Benson Bowl that I ordered from you. I even have one of your silver/gold sets.

Best,
Tom
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Thanks for the update Tom, hope you are doing well and still enjoying the items we made for you.

Sincerely,
Jake
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Jake,

Really great to see you wandering through the halls Of the Café. I also had heard that you bit the big one, but glad to see that is not true.

As you may recall, my preference in cups was (and is) stainless steel. And I guess I bought most everything you had made from that material and still keep it in my small collection. I even have a set of your 10 inch linking rings.

I've told the story a number of times about your first Paul Fox cups that you made at Rings and Things 2. I thought they were fine, but they didn't come up to your standards, apparently, and you remade them and gave them to the original purchasers. I always appreciated that and still have both sets.

I'm glad to see that you may be getting some of your health issues under control.

Take care......
Steve
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2015, Dougini wrote:
I am a BIG fan of Rings 'N Things! I have a rare Paul Fox set made from stainless steel! I think it might have been made by a guy named Jake. Not sure. That was way pre-Donnie though. Today's technology is so superior, I can see things have advanced light years!

Really folks, Chop Cups, Cups & Balls, Balls of all colors and sizes. Incredible selection. You say, "Oh! Expensive!" Yeah. Save for it. These are not Morrissey cups! These are the real thing! I think the best value is getting a Combo set, and extra balls. That way, you get a regular Cups & Balls and a free Chop Cup.

http://www.rnt2.com/

Doug

Doug
thank you for the welcome back. It's nice to hear your review about the Stainless Steel PF cups I made. Before Don bought RNT 2, those PF cups had sold out years before.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2111 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Steve,
thank you for your welcome back, as I have told others, it's nice to be back while I can. I remember your liking stainless steel.
My son has given me permission to let this out publically, He will be opening back up this summer, if not a tad bit earlier.

He is starting out with a Delrin line of cups in just about ever color of the rainbow. Later on he'll be doing stainless again
and Nickel Chrome as well as copper. But not too soon. There will be a few sets that will be silver/gold plating.

I won't have much say in how he runs productions. The company is now his and named SBL and MJM.

The particular grade of colored resin, with a melting point of 150 degrees and like the other Delin will support up to 200lbs of pressure per cup.
That's all I can pretty much say.

i've been working on a 36 foot long lathe lately, repairing drive shaves for fishing charters. I had the lathe trucked down from Vermont, it
took 3 tracktor trailers to move the lathe down south. I about fainted when it arrived.

I'm sure Jake Jr. will make a post somewhere that his website is open.

Thanks for listening and letting me share.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Hey, Jake!

I didn't mean to leave you out at all. Of course your contributions to RnT2 were huge!

I'm glad you are back. I tried to contact you about a year or so ago, but you weren't there. I was worried, but I didn't want to cause any problems for anyone.

I'll send you a PM.

Take care,

Bill

Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Bill Palmer wrote:
Donnie Buckley has been the best thing that has happened to Rings and Things since Mike Brazill founded the company. He is producing a huge variety of cups. Once I get the museum set back up again, I'll be ordering some new things from him.

He is a real gentleman to deal with.

Bill,, was just wondering why you left our name in the list?

Best,
Jake
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1055 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Recently picked up a 4 ball one inch set of the Blue Parakeet crochet balls and a one inch chopped set of the same color from Donnie. Fantastic! They look great with copper cups and shipped pretty fast; it doesn't get better than this.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1055 Posts

Profile of Leo H
I can't recommend Donnie's MAAS metal polish highly enough. Put a dab on a clean old worn out sock and sit down with a set of badly tarnished copper cups. With a little elbow grease you're on your way to a set of beautiful shiny cups.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » RNT2 (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL