The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Get on over to the Middle East and have a sit-down with some ISIS folks. Show us how it's done; the Western world will be in your debt.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sounds like he has a handle on exactly what needs to be done.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, balducci wrote:
An American sniper who served in Iraq speaks:

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/01/i_was_an......_my_war/

Yep a great non biased source there.

yeah, better to stick to neutral sources like Clint Eastwood.

Gee I would love for you to show me where I took a position either way on Clint Eastwood or the moviev or the accuracy of any of it.

Come on John put up or shut up.

And Salon is biased.

Eastwood has an obvious agenda. Selling movie tickets. Fairly easy to know that right?

Send me a PM and I'll explain.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Naw you make the accusation in public put up or shut up in public.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Danny, name the accusation and I will address it. Promise. But you've never followed through before, and I have no doubt you'll begin your adolescent roostering once again.

But like every else on the forum, I'm rather bored of your chasing me, and your infantile attempts to play gotcha.

If you have a serious question, I'll answer it in a PM.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Lobo, Danny, it worked in Ireland. It worked in South Africa. The world is full of reasonable Muslims. Talk might work again. I would back it ahead of sneaky sniper bullets any day.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The world is, indeed, full of reasonable Muslims.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few unreasonable ones, too, and they're the ones causing the problems.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The world is, indeed, full of reasonable Muslims.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few unreasonable ones, too, and they're the ones causing the problems.

So they are the ones we really need to talk to.

Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness, two vicious murdering terrorists. We wouldn't have peace in Ireland if we hadn't overcome our revulsion and sat down with them.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who is stopping you from implementing this oh so simple solution?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The armchair...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

Not a xenophobe necessarily, but a monster certainly. If you killed out of a sense of duty, and to save lives, I can get that. But if it gave you great pleasure, that would indicate a serious character flaw in you.

As I said, read his book. His own words condemn him.

Thought I'd take you up on it since I've only seen the movie. Like you, I read the first chapter.. Yep, just as I thought. He was a hero.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
The armchair...

Well said!!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
He was a deeply biased and racist man, who had a xenophobic hatred of non-Americans. His killing was motivated out of a sheer pleasure in killing 'savages'....

I challenge you to quote where in the book it shows him to be racist and to have a xenophobic hatred of non-Americans.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Danny wrote:
Quote:
I wish there was a way that each could live the consequences of their own personal viewpoint. You guys could live in a world where the soldier does exist and it not affect anyone but you. Too bad this is a fantasy. You guys get the benefit of holding them in contempt and live under the very freedoms the soldier provides. How lucky for you.

The fantasy is in your thinking that psychopathic soldiers like Chris Kyle benefit my safety. They increase my likelihood of encountering danger, and the likelihood that there will be terrorist blowback. But the peace movement will keep carrying on fighting for the freedoms that they have always had to fight for despite conservative obstruction. And you get the benefit. How lucky for you.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
He was a deeply biased and racist man, who had a xenophobic hatred of non-Americans. His killing was motivated out of a sheer pleasure in killing 'savages'....

I challenge you to quote where in the book it shows him to be racist and to have a xenophobic hatred of non-Americans.

The first three pages make it crystal clear.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:

Lack of authority. It is not my country. We implemented it in Ireland. As an Irishman I backed it fully. As a journalist I was able to campaign for it. I don't live in the Middle East. What's stopping you do something? Unlike Ireland, America has butted it, and quite aggressively.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, landmark wrote:

But the peace movement will keep carrying on fighting for the freedoms that they have always had to fight for despite conservative obstruction. And you get the benefit. How lucky for you.

The peace movement has never fought for anything!

Cowards do not fight!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

The first three pages make it crystal clear.

Is that a quote? You do know a quote when you see one don't you?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:

Lack of authority. It is not my country. We implemented it in Ireland. As an Irishman I backed it fully. As a journalist I was able to campaign for it. I don't live in the Middle East. What's stopping you do something? Unlike Ireland, America has butted it, and quite aggressively.

If you think that what worked in Ireland will necessarily work elsewhere, I think your argument rests on a faulty assumption.

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
... Unlike Ireland, America has butted it, and quite aggressively.

Yes, it was established earlier that Ireland doesn't like to butt in. But apparently, they're very contrite about it later.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL