The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6754 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I wonder when many here became the thought police. You aren't a hero unless your 'thoughts' align with mine. Regardless of what you did, if I find something objectionable about how you 'felt' about what you were doing or if you're not quite PC enough for me, sorry, you're no longer a hero, you're a dirtbag. What's more objectionable, someone who believes in what they are doing and does the best he can at it or someone who believes what they are doing is wrong and 'evil' but does it anyway.

I see a great Monty Python skit here. Sir, thank you for saving the school children from the terrorists that held them hostage. But before we thank you, we need to ask you a few questions. Did you enjoy saving them? Did you enjoy killing the terrorists? How did you 'feel' about the terrorists? Were they just misunderstood or did you think they were animals?


I'm sorry, I have trouble equating a person who said it was "fun to kill" with heroism. If he did this without offical sanction, he'd be considered a serial killer.

So would every American Soldier in world history who hsd multiple kills. I don't see your point.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I wonder when many here became the thought police. You aren't a hero unless your 'thoughts' align with mine. Regardless of what you did, if I find something objectionable about how you 'felt' about what you were doing or if you're not quite PC enough for me, sorry, you're no longer a hero, you're a dirtbag. What's more objectionable, someone who believes in what they are doing and does the best he can at it or someone who believes what they are doing is wrong and 'evil' but does it anyway.

I see a great Monty Python skit here. Sir, thank you for saving the school children from the terrorists that held them hostage. But before we thank you, we need to ask you a few questions. Did you enjoy saving them? Did you enjoy killing the terrorists? How did you 'feel' about the terrorists? Were they just misunderstood or did you think they were animals?


I'm sorry, I have trouble equating a person who said it was "fun to kill" with heroism. If he did this without offical sanction, he'd be considered a serial killer.


If firemen ran into houses that weren't burning while carrying axes on their off-hours, they'd be considered trespassers at best.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, rockwall wrote:

The defamation of Chris Kyle here and elsewhere reminds me of another sad event in American History. The spitting on soldiers as they returned from the Vietnam war. And in large part by the same crowd.



The stories of soldiers being spat on by war protestors are myths and urban legend.

http://www.vvaw.org/veteran/article/?id=350

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1276799/posts

http://www.amazon.com/The-Spitting-Image......14751474



Turns out a whole lot of people were spit at. Calling it an urban legend by a guy who didn't want to believe the story in the first place seems a stretch.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Are you saying Payne is....a denier?!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Why do people think that we'd wear civilian clothes as much as possible in the States?

Mufti.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
From the 'Urban Legend Expert' in one of Payne's links:

"Our first step forward is to recognize that we are not a society that disrespects the sacrifices of our servicemembers. We should ignore anyone who tries to tell us otherwise."

I guess it's time to ignore half the posters to this thread.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Why not? You're ignoring the only person who's ghost-written a book Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No we are not but nice try.

We are simply saying that he did not ghost white the book in question and therefore can not speak as if it he knows for absolute fact what did or did not happen. He has an opinion that is slightly more informed than one who has not ghost written a book.

There John you are supposedly such a fan of facts those are the facts. Keep ignoring them and miss quote as you normally do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
No we are not but nice try.

We are simply saying that he did not ghost white the book in question and therefore can not speak as if it he knows for absolute fact what did or did not happen. He has an opinion that is slightly more informed than one who has not ghost written a book.

There John you are supposedly such a fan of facts those are the facts. Keep ignoring them and miss quote as you normally do.


If that's what you're saying, then why aren't you rejecting everybody's comments. Nobody on this forum wrote the book in question. Come on. What are you really saying?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Have you not noticed that I have not defended the man? Go back and read. Then take out your ideology and just read.

You did not write THIS PROJECT so you have no clue about the specifics. Just like those of us who also did not write it. I am full of it and you speak in absolutes as if you were there. It is your own bs you are smelling. And as usual it is rampant.

You were already called on xenophobic and the other stuff. Now you know what was and wasn't poetic license. Laughable. Now you think somehow I am defending the man when indeed I did no such thing.

Seems as if facts don't really matter much to you. I hope you write fiction.


Here John I said it right here. Since comprehension seems to be a problem for you I will have to take that into account. Unless of course you are just playing GOTCHA again as usual.

Also are you not the one constantly saying you do not have to say you disagree with everyone you disagree with when we ask you this EXACT same question? You feel it is enough just not to agree with them. So why is the standard now so different? Gotcha rules?

I am saying I am tired of people who want to push an agenda at any cost and just use lies to do it and hope if they tell them enough they become the truth. Yep like BOTH sides do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Danny, you have made a serious effort to remain neutral about the Chris Kyle facts. You have targeted a couple of individuals, but I acknowledge that you have not explicitly endorsed any position about the content of the book.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Re: spitting. While some anti-war protesters may have spit at soldiers, the fact that the US Government spits on veterans everyday gets ignored. From denying PTSD and Agent Orange related disabilities to sending out soldiers without proper body armor; from putting women soldiers at risk of rape by their superiors to cutting food stamps. The people that pro- military people vote into office just want cannon fodder for their money making rackets, and the average soldier is completely expendable. Nice distraction, though.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20565 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Danny, you have made a serious effort to remain neutral about the Chris Kyle facts. You have targeted a couple of individuals, but I acknowledge that you have not explicitly endorsed any position about the content of the book.


Thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
The sad gentleman in the background looks eerily familiar, Marine/Navy Operation.
Have a great day "Y'all!"

Image
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Danny, you have remained neutral on Kyle, but your neutrality loses some of its potency because you only object to one poster expressing a view on Kyle's book. If you objected to every poster expressing a view on the provenance of the words in question, then I might take your views a bit more seriously.

I am not pushing an anti-American agenda. I think you have a great country. But not even the Pope is infallible. And certainly the war mongers in the US cabinet are not infallible. I am anti-Kyle, but that is not based on ideology. That is based on finding him a reprehensible human being.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6754 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Danny, you have remained neutral on Kyle, but your neutrality loses some of its potency because you only object to one poster expressing a view on Kyle's book. If you objected to every poster expressing a view on the provenance of the words in question, then I might take your views a bit more seriously.

I am not pushing an anti-American agenda. I think you have a great country. But not even the Pope is infallible. And certainly the war mongers in the US cabinet are not infallible. I am anti-Kyle, but that is not based on ideology. That is based on finding him a reprehensible human being.

The Pope?? Lol. Bad analogy.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Danny, you have remained neutral on Kyle, but your neutrality loses some of its potency because you only object to one poster expressing a view on Kyle's book. If you objected to every poster expressing a view on the provenance of the words in question, then I might take your views a bit more seriously.

I am not pushing an anti-American agenda. I think you have a great country. But not even the Pope is infallible. And certainly the war mongers in the US cabinet are not infallible. I am anti-Kyle, but that is not based on ideology. That is based on finding him a reprehensible human being.

The Pope?? Lol. Bad analogy.

Not really, I would have thought. He thinks he is infallible, yet we all know he isn't. A certain portion of flag-waving tea-party Americans feel the same way. And they do the reasonable people (still in a majority I believe) no favours.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
That ones a little hard to dissect. A certain portion of the tea-party feel that the pope is infallible, or know that he isn't, or that THEY are or are not infallible or that someone else is or isn't infallible? Hard to know what favours they aren't doing for 'reasonable' people without understanding who or what they believe to be or not to be infallible.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Just for clarity- the claim is that the Pope is infallible in matters of faith only. He's still perfectly capable of running a red light or making a mistake in mundane matters.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6754 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Pope is fallible. And not just in mundane matters, in all matters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL