The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Ah, that might be it. Maybe Tony meant that tea partiers feel they are infallible and incapable of running red lights. I would have to agree then that they aren't doing reasonable people any favors.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, landmark wrote:
Re: spitting. While some anti-war protesters may have spit at soldiers, the fact that the US Government spits on veterans everyday gets ignored. From denying PTSD and Agent Orange related disabilities to sending out soldiers without proper body armor; from putting women soldiers at risk of rape by their superiors to cutting food stamps. The people that pro- military people vote into office just want cannon fodder for their money making rackets, and the average soldier is completely expendable. Nice distraction, though.

Actually, that's all an urban legend.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Just for clarity- the claim is that the Pope is infallible in matters of faith only. He's still perfectly capable of running a red light or making a mistake in mundane matters.

Yes true.

Personally I find it an idiotic analogy by Tony in the first place and more of an attempt to cover up his wrong impression of what I really have said. Fairly desperate one as well.

Tony to clarify I have simply said YOUR assertions are not universal. You have a tendency to speak in sweeping generalities as if they are fact. You take a far less than mainstream opinion and try to pass it off as the norm. It is not.

Nobody has asked for my position here and I have not given one. Calling you on your bs not withstanding I don't know enough about this to have an informed opinion. That is the real difference here. You have an uninformed opinion and pass it off as fact.

My neutrality has not been compromised simply by calling your long bs. If you want to talk about what is actually known then good. But leave the Pope out of it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Ah, that might be it. Maybe Tony meant that tea partiers feel they are infallible and incapable of running red lights. I would have to agree then that they aren't doing reasonable people any favors.

Got it in one, Rockwall.

Danny, I am not trying to pass off an uninformed opinion as fact. I am trying to pass off an informed opinion as an informed opinion. As you said yourself, read what I wrote.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6742 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie......&alt=web
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Just for clarity- the claim is that the Pope is infallible in matters of faith only. He's still perfectly capable of running a red light . . . .

What if he has faith that it'll turn green before he gets to it?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That would be an interesting defense in a motor vehicle negligence case. Smile

But, seriously, "matters of faith" refers to the interpretation of Catholic Doctrine, which, to my knowledge, does not speak to matters of traffic violations.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6742 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie......&alt=web

Not as cool as the one Devious showed, but still a cool little knick knack. Check out the rest of them and their slogans while you're there. It isn't just Chris Kyle who enjoyed his job.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
The Pope is fallible. And not just in mundane matters, in all matters.

No need to attack Catholicism. I simply cited the Catholic position on papal infallibility.

But some, I guess, will never miss an opportunity to attack other's religions.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why let the opportunity go by?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Everytime they take that opportunity, they reinforce the stereotype that all theists are condescending and obnoxious. Which is unfortunate, because there are many atheists who don't try to inflict their own lack of belief upon others.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Don't let 'em fool you, Bob...they believe as devoutly as any theist.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lobo beat me to it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2784 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Yes a few Bob, but to say ‘many’ might be stretching it a little much.Smile

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, rockwall wrote:

The defamation of Chris Kyle here and elsewhere reminds me of another sad event in American History. The spitting on soldiers as they returned from the Vietnam war. And in large part by the same crowd.

The stories of soldiers being spat on by war protestors are myths and urban legend.

http://www.vvaw.org/veteran/article/?id=350

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1276799/posts

http://www.amazon.com/The-Spitting-Image......14751474

Here is a link to counter Payne's account of what it was like for a Soldier returning from Vietnam. Maybe he is just speaking from his own personal experiences though. It was a nice attempt to try and whitewash the horrible treatment Vets received coming home.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/comme......095.html
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6742 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
The Pope is fallible. And not just in mundane matters, in all matters.

No need to attack Catholicism. I simply cited the Catholic position on papal infallibility.

But some, I guess, will never miss an opportunity to attack other's religions.

I haven't attacked anyone's religion. I sincerely hope you aren't referring to me, Bob.
And if you are, I'm offended.
The Pope is a man and all men are sinners. I'm not certain, but I think Catholics might agree that the only infallible one was resurrected.
If they do not agree, then I don't know enough about their religion. But I stand by my opinion that the Pope is fallible. I can assure you there was no attack.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Though you would hope that spitting at veterans and similar conduct is rare, unfortunately it does happen. The Westboro Baptist Church did disgraceful things at the funerals of veterans, thus disproving Payne's point - much as I hate to debunk the views of someone I normally agree with.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
The Pope is a man and all men are sinners. I'm not certain, but I think Catholics might agree that the only infallible one was resurrected.
If they do not agree, then I don't know enough about their religion. But I stand by my opinion that the Pope is fallible.

The Catholic faith believes that the Pope is infallible when it comes to pronouncing on doctrine, but fallible on other matters, as are all humans.

The infallibility of the Pope (within those limits) is an important part of their beliefs.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I thought Payne was infallible.....just ask him....lol. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20523 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
If they do not agree, then I don't know enough about their religion. But I stand by my opinion that the Pope is fallible.

The Catholic faith believes that the Pope is infallible when it comes to pronouncing on doctrine, but fallible on other matters, as are all humans.

The infallibility of the Pope (within those limits) is an important part of their beliefs.

A succinct and accurate description.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Chris Kyle -American Sniper (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL