The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller At The Table Live Lecture : MARCH 18th (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey guys!

Justin Miller will do a At The Table live lecture at the March 18th !

What do you think? Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Arabian tricker
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Arabian tricker
I don't like him for many reasons.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I'm excited for this one ... Justin Miller has been on a roll lately and his Bold Project DVDs are awesome, can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Arabian tricker wrote:

Many of us have had bad experiences with Justin. Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, toberman wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Arabian tricker wrote:

Many of us have had bad experiences with Justin. Smile

Meh... (Used to really like his stuff but agree with others)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Love his work, hopefully he'll teach new stuff and not already published illusions.
Arabian tricker
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Arabian tricker
What is the name of effects you like from him
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Blood link , descent,string theory, first stop-from the bold project
Captured- cap in bottle
Freedom pack
Ring slide
Smile
Light speed
Divorce
He has 2 effects I havent purchased yet but will soon, F-Fly and Sway
Check out his site www.justinmillermagic.com

J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, Arabian tricker wrote:

I really like (and use) "Light Speed"
"Divorce" takes practice but plays well
"Neo Matrix" is a nice little quickie with quarters
And (the name escapes me right now) but the "signed quarter" penetrating the cello on the card pack was clever and easy.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
He's outspoken for sure, a bit desperate seeming at times (constant fire sales, etc which I guess is good for the consumer), and his FB posts get a little too, how should I put it, opinionated to say the least. But you need personalities like that. Otherwise, things get boring. And magicians/artists become too sterile and PC.

At the end of the day, the guy is crazy talented and oozes creativity. Respects the art of magic and has a lot of erudite points of view on the matter.

I know I have learned a bunch from his material so I'll be tuning in for sure to this live lecture.
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
At the end of the day, the guy is crazy talented and oozes creativity.

He oozes something for sure.
MichaelMann
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of MichaelMann
Maybe he will pay some child support with the money he earns from this. Nah, probably not. Smile

This lecture will be the first blemish in an otherwise great lecture series. Smile

MM
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I not at all a fan of Justin's personality. He just isn't that likable and is often more rude than nice.

HOWEVER, he is extremely talented. His performance style is so laid back and casual that it catches many off guard (including magicians.) I've never seen him perform live, but if he is as good live as he is in front of his webcam, then I know he leaves his audiences stunned. It's just strange seeing such beautiful and fluid handeling coupled with the F bomb and crude language. It's a weird combo. It certainly wouldn't work for him if he tried to perform at the venues I work at (although might be entertaining to watch.) But I guess it works for the bar and streets where he performs.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, MichaelMann wrote:
Maybe he will pay some child support with the money he earns from this. Nah, probably not. Smile

This lecture will be the first blemish in an otherwise great lecture series. Smile

MM

That's a bit uncalled for don't ya think? I don't know Justin personally nor do I know you, but to blatantly call someone out about their personal situation seems a bit uncalled for right?

Not trying to start anything but this thread is in regards to a lecture nothing more nothing less.

Just my thoughts.

-Bobby
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Say what you will about Justin...but the guy has come out with many killer routines. This is what drive me nut as I find to support the man behind the magic.....
Which a lot of times stops me from buying his material...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, MichaelMann wrote:

MM

Pretty freakin ignorant MM. Not your position to bring someone else's personal life into a Lecture thread. I guess you must be perfect. Must be nice!

I will say JM has some of the most visual and well-thought magic effects in the industry. He is who he is- JM. What you see is what you get- don't like him- then simply move on and don't support him, being he is not even a member now to defend himself.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
I personally cannot WAIT to have JM with us!

His personality and magic style will definitely fit this all new AT THE TABLE EXPERIENCE.

I know for a fact he is planning to make this one of the very BEST lectures he has ever given. This will without a doubt be a unique experience! We are in talks of even head out and film him performing magic so we can go back and analyze the footage; see what worked, what didn't, etc...Is this something you guys are interested in? Seeing what ACTUALLY slays laymen vs what we THINK works? Etc? Hell, even special requests for effects you would like to see Justin perform out in the real world!

If you have any of Justin's work and have always wanted to ask him for advice about a move, or maybe tip an alternate handling, now is your chance!

Just add AT_THE_TABLE on Skype and throw some questions at Justin! A few of you will be selected to join in on the fun and win some cool prizes!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
As a few others have said, you can say what you want about JM, but I don't think anyone can deny he's one of the best creators out there.

And Mike, yes, would love to see you guys go out and film in the streets then analyze. I loved those aspects when you have done it before with thr Greg Wilson, Jesse Feinberg and Chris Korn ATTL Lectures. Its one thing to teach an effect and see it performed in a "studio" setting for a room of magicans, but its great to see it done out there in the real world- you can really learn a lot more by seeing it done in that setting- and see what laymen do or don't pick up on.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, Arabian tricker wrote:

I really like (and use) "Light Speed"
"Divorce" takes practice but plays well
"Neo Matrix" is a nice little quickie with quarters
And (the name escapes me right now) but the "signed quarter" penetrating the cello on the card pack was clever and easy.

cell break and tandem. Agree, they are great.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Yes, Tandem is the one I was referring to. Smile

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Justin Miller At The Table Live Lecture : MARCH 18th (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL