We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light Speed by Rick Lax (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Sashac
It's great. I'll use this all the time. There are two phases though: first you have them name 2 cards. Take 1 out, visually toss it into the pack, it's at the spelled position. And then you do the second part, shown in the demo. This is not bad cutting as the first phase is just as good as the second.

LOVE THIS
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, lord_wallmotto wrote:
How difficult is this? Is this something I have to spend months working on?

Nope! You'll have this down in 30 min-2 hours, I'd guess.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
430 Posts

Profile of daver
So now I'm confused. From the video, it looks like:

1 - Spec names a card
2 - you dribble the cards, pulling "it" out and putting "it" somewhere else in the dribble
3 - Spell down and the names card that you (at light speed ;-) pulled and put in is at the spelled location.

Is that not the effect? Sashac seems to indicate differently.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Rick does an excellent job of explaining everything about this trick. It will take a little bit of practice but can be very effective. Two thumbs up.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, daver wrote:

1 - Spec names a card
2 - you dribble the cards, pulling "it" out and putting "it" somewhere else in the dribble
3 - Spell down and the names card that you (at light speed ;-) pulled and put in is at the spelled location.

They name two. Take one out, throw it in, it will be at the exact place. Other one you never take out, never look for. Do what's shown in the demo. This is truly one of the best tricks I have bought (along with Binary Code)
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1442 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Quote:

1 - Spec names a card

They name two. Take one out, throw it in, it will be at the exact place. Other one you never take out, never look for. Do what's shown in the demo. This is truly one of the best tricks I have bought (along with Binary Code)

Sashac, as well as me, English isn't your primary language (I am wrong?)

Is it easy to modify to work with us language? (Not saying I speak the same language as yours, but talking in general, french, spanish, italian etc) =)
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Ceierry wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

1 - Spec names a card

Sashac, as well as me, English isn't your primary language (I am wrong?)

Is it easy to modify to work with us language? (Not saying I speak the same language as yours, but talking in general, french, spanish, italian etc) =)

I speak French, Spanish, English and Italian. I don't have a first language, I kind of learnt everything at the same time. To be honest, I was just in a massive rush but felt that I should still say something as I think this is great (and thus deserves some words)
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Very easy to do & an excellent effect.

Another winner from Rick Lax.

I will use this.

Well done again Rick.

Mike Donoghue
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I agree with the others. This is a strong and direct effect that is different enough to fit into almost anyone's repertoire. It will require some practice to get down smoothly but is well worth the effort. I'll be looking into other impromptu effects from Rick Lax after seeing this one.

Steve
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Rick stop taking my money
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
Quote:

1 - Spec names a card

So the spec names 2 cards, and you just totally ignore one of the two cards? It's never used for anything?
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
186 Posts

Profile of Endless West
No, you reveal the second card chosen in the second phase.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2979 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The trailer is definately misleading and I purchased based on the trailer. Not a good move...
That said, I'm not dissapointed with the effect by any means, it's actually pretty good.
BUT Don't do the edited trailers that don't tell the whole story IMO it harms credibility.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Arabian tricker
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Arabian tricker
So the trailer is showing the second phase not the first
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I am a bit confused now...
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
My guess: This effect is indeed impromptu, but not instant. There are 2 phases. I'm kinda want to save a bit for the next big thing. But, everything from Rick is BIG. There goes my saving..
Arabian tricker
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Arabian tricker
Lol , I am asking not answering.
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
Would the method be hard to adapt to another language than English?
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, lord_wallmotto wrote:
Would the method be hard to adapt to another language than English?

Not at all, it can be done in any language.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I too would have preferred an unedited video so that I could have seen the entire routine proper. But Rick's routine is quite good and is something I definitely will be using.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light Speed by Rick Lax (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL