The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I like headsets for magic, handheld for mentalism and hypnotism. Handheld come in a variety of types of pick-up patterns of which you should be aware.

Unidirectional Microphones
Unidirectional or cardioid pickup patterns are most sensitive to sound produced on the front side of the microphone capsule. Super-cardioid pickup patterns have a greater sensitivity than cardioid pickup patterns. This is great for a single speaker. They block out much of the surrounding noise.

Bidirectional Microphones
Bidirectional or figure 8 pickup patterns are sensitive to signals emanating from the front and back sides of the microphone capsule while rejecting sounds from the left and right sides of the microphone capsule. These work well for interviews where you share the mic with a volunteer.

Omnidirectional Microphones
Omnidirectional or boundary pickup patterns are sensitive to sound from all directions of the microphone capsule. These can be most problematic since they pick up EVERYTHING. I believe they have a higher chance of getting into a feedback loop, but I am not a sound engineer. It may be the mic of choice for a hypnotism show where you want to pick up ALL the surrounding noise.

Switchable Pickup Pattern Microphones
Switchable pickup pattern microphones are hybrid microphones that can be switched from one pickup pattern to another for all-in-one flexibility in different environments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL