The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/Silver/Brass coins (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi all, I'm looking for a set of CSB, and was wondering if there are any recommendations? Ideally I'd like a set that can be shown without the shall being seen from the underside.

I did see some lovely sets on the Todd Lassen site, however I can't seem to get any response when I try to contact him at all. Any other good places to look? Thanks.
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2015, WKM wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking for a set of CSB, and was wondering if there are any recommendations? Ideally I'd like a set that can be shown without the shall being seen from the underside.

I did see some lovely sets on the Todd Lassen site, however I can't seem to get any response when I try to contact him at all. Any other good places to look? Thanks.

Two things, the first is wahat do you mean by "I'd like a set that can be shown without the shall being seen from the underside."

The Second is the best way to reach Todd is by telephone, he is responsive to email or through his blog. Be patient, busy man.
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi.

I mean that I would like to be able to show it from the underside without the shell being visible.

I am based in the UK, and I messaged him over a week ago, but no response at all. Is there anywhere else I can look?
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4249 Posts

Profile of videoman
If I understand you correctly, you would like something other than a Chinese coin with a hole?
What size coin were you looking for?
Tango makes some sets in Euros and other coins that may work for you.
Other than that you are pretty much left with the custom guys such as Kueppers, Lassen, Schoolcraft, Belmont, etc.
Johnson makes a pretty nice set but you can't show the underside when nested.
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi, yes I want a Chinese coin, but I want to be able to show say the copper or silver side when nested, so that I can do so cleanly.

I will check the other sites. Thanks
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
With my Lassen Solid C.S.B. Set I can show the silver side when the set is nested! Smile Or the brass side when nested or not!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1945 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I'm not sure what you're asking for can be done with a traditional CSB set.
Typically the copper side is only shown when unnested, and the silver when nested. You could show the Chinese side when nested if you cover the hole.

Quote:
On Jan 26, 2015, WKM wrote:
Hi, yes I want a Chinese coin, but I want to be able to show say the copper or silver side when nested, so that I can do so cleanly.

I will check the other sites. Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Well I can't Show The Under side Of the Brass when unnested ! But As Al Baker Said back in 1943 " Don't run when nobody Is Chasing you!!! " Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Sorry I'm confused. I'm looking for a copper/silver coin with a Chinese shell. So that when nested, I can show the Chinese or the other side. Thanks
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Sorry I thought you where looking For a C.S.B. Set.! That's what you said in your 1 St. post " Hi all, I'm looking for a set of CSB,"
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'm not sure the OP quite understands what is meant by CSB, David!

If you nest a coin inside a Chinese shell (with a hole in it) then it's not gonna look right from one side at least. This whole thread is a bit confusing. Is it a fishing trip, d'ya think?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Yea Yet's Hope That nobody Makes A Bass Out of them self! Smile ( that's a joke son! )
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi WKM

I have PM'd you.

All the best

Michael
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Mike, its Liam. Smile

Sorry guys perhaps I wasn't clear..... But this is no "fishing trip"

Have any of you seen Catch up?

In it he is using a Copper Silver, with a Chinese shell. I may be wrong but this would therefore constitute a CSB? Please correct me if this actually means something else?

So in short, I want to be able to nest them, shell down, without it being obvious that there is a shell there......
The spectator would see a coin, not a gimmick.....

Thanks.
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

The Copper/Silver Coin In a C.S. B. Is cut down So if fits better, and so you can show the silver side Of The nested Set and have it look good! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Awesome..... So..... Where can I get one?

I've now sent four emails to Todd Lassen, and not so much as an acknowledgement. Disappointed.

I have followed up on Roy Kueppers, and he's been very communicative, but alas not quite what I'm looking for, I would prefer something which is natural looking and perhaps not so commercial. The Chinese coins were in bright colours....

Any others???
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
@WKM: Yes, Roy is very cummunicative and friendly as long as he is expecting your order. As soon as you paid, he doesn't answer anymore.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4758 Posts

Yea Todd get's About 200 E-Mail's A day!He is a one man show! So --- He's always WAY behind on his E-Mail's! The Best way To get a hold of him Of is to call him! If you don't have His Number It's : 303-776-7962 ! Myself I would Get A Solid C.S.B. There is so much More you can do with it !
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1945 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper/Silver/Brass coins (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL