The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Energy Bender: John Sheets Newest Creation (46 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJxUO6S7Ac8

I've been beta testing this for over 4 months and John's new "Energy Bender" is another ultra precision tool that will allow the easy ben*ing (I prefer the word melting!) of a nearly unlimited variety of silverware & cutlery incliding knives, forks, and spoons. John has been working on this project for many years as many of you know, taking the time to perfect this new tool.

It is certainly a close relative of John's QB, and for those like me that feel that QB was John's Opus (it is the best gimmi*k that I own), you will likely want to grab an EB when they become available...as they are likely to sell out quickly.

I know that some very well known performers have also been testing the EB (Energy Bender) over the past year and have found that it is stealthy (like the QB), and made with the quality, fit and finish that we have all come to expect from John Sheets.

Ray Lum says "I love that John came up with the Energy Bender, it is what I was missing in my routine. As you know after a strong set of metal bending someone would ask "Bend This" and it's aways the fork or spoon that you need a vice to bend, John Sheets solve all that with the Energy Bender! You end with the Energy Bender and you walk to the next table looking like a KING! Thanks John for the hard work you put into these tools! Thanks for making me look good!"

-Bend thick HEAVY-DUTY silverware and keys with the all new ENERGY BENDER by John T. Sheets- the perfect complement to the QUANTUM BENDER!

-Imagine being able to perform AMAZING metal bending on ANY of the THICKEST of silverware, anytime, anywhere, and NOT being limited to the type of silverware used.

-With the Energy Bender your NOT limited to light-weight, thin, and flimsy silverware!!
For the professional Magician, Mentalist, Illusionist, Mystic Performer.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Saysold1,

Thank you for the review. When you say it is a "close relative" of QB and "Stealthy" like QB, can we assume that the tool is hidden in plain site like QB and does not need to be p...med in and out of play?

Thank you very much.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2015, magicinsight wrote:
Saysold1,

Thank you for the review. When you say it is a "close relative" of QB and "Stealthy" like QB, can we assume that the tool is hidden in plain site like QB and does not need to be p...med in and out of play?

Thank you very much.

Michael

Exactly.

So if you own a QB or are familiar with it, then you will instantly be familar with the concept here.

My friend Luke Brady just emailed me asking about EB and it's #1 strength will be the ability to bend heavy cutlery like knives (especially) as well as forks (not just tines but the handles) etc.

I haven't seen the finished video yet but I've Skyped with John and the quality should be as good as the fantastic QB3 DVD.

I'm also not yet sure about a release date (soon I think) or whether there will be a limited # of these units available sold directly by creator John Sheets rather than through typical distributors.

I'm sure John will chime in soon to answer questions Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
Saysold1,

Thank you very much.

Michael

Also this wan't meant to be a review btw but rather just starting a new and well deserved thread. The device is great but I can't fully and fairly review until I get the DVD myself.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
When will this be ready?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
Saysold1,

Thank you very much.

Michael

Exactly.

So if you own a QB or are familiar with it, then you will instantly be familar with the concept here.

My friend Luke Brady just emailed me asking about EB and it's #1 strength will be the ability to bend heavy cutlery like knives (especially) as well as forks (not just tines but the handles) etc.

I haven't seen the finished video yet but I've Skyped with John and the quality should be as good as the fantastic QB3 DVD.

I'm also not yet sure about a release date (soon I think) or whether there will be a limited # of these units available sold directly by creator John Sheets rather than through typical distributors.

I'm sure John will chime in soon to answer questions Smile

Thank you for the information. Looking forward to its release. It will make a great companion with QB3 ( or 2).
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
The Energy Bender trailer has been re-edited and replaced with this one here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'd still like to see this in practice. The trailer just looks like Osterlind techniques after the fact.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, MagicBrent wrote:

The trailer just looks like Osterlind techniques after the fact.

What is the Osterlind Technique? Any reference(s) please?

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm just referring to handlings of silverware after the dirty work
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So guys the Energy Bender is a tool - something like the QB but with the ability to bend heavy silverware in a stealthy way and with ease.

Those who know bending understand that how you REVEAL your work is the real key to realistic and powerful presentations. In some ways the reveal is at least as important as the tool itself.

Richard O was kind enough to spend aboyt 20 minutes with me at the last MindVention showing me the little details of his beautiful reveal techniques, some of which he shows on his Penguin lecture as I recall.

Lets not get into the secrets here but needless to say that the new EB is not as much about teaching all of you new reveals (although many will be shown on the DVD using a variety of cutlery) - rather the EB is meant to give you the ability to bend even borrowed cutlery with a gimmick (similar to the QB) that will be nearly invisible to a spectator.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
The Energy Bender is a utility device that allows you to perform metal bending like that which you already do with light silverware, but now on the thickest and toughest stuff imaginable.

The revelations that you chose to perform are totally up to you. The Energy Bender trailer/teaser shows just some of the possible examples. You may use your own revelations, or you may perform others that are taught elsewhere by many of the greats like Osterland, Banachek, Nu, and Strebler (I do suggest looking into their works on the Energy Bender DVD). On the EB-DVD I give some great examples, and show some of my favorite bends and revelations to use with it, as well as other original techniques that apply only to the Energy Bender. I especially love to use this in those situations when someone hands you something ridiculously thick and heavy, and says "bend this!"

The ad copy below contains additional information:

The unique, one of a kind, all NEW "Energy Bender".
-Imagine being able to perform AMAZING metal bending on ANY of the THICKEST of silverware, anytime, anywhere, and NOT being limited to the type of silverware used.
-With the Energy Bender your NOT limited to light weight, thin, and flimsy silverware!!
-This unique device bends that real thick silverware that you normally can't bend, even over your knee with two hands! It can easily bend a real thick fork, spoon, or even a knife. It can even bend the TINE of a thick fork with ease!
-Don't ever get stuck with a piece of thick silverware that you can't bend, EVER again!!
-Basic Effect: A spectator writes her initials and draws a unique design on a fork or spoon, knife, or key, creating an interesting piece of art out of the object.  The performer holds the object at his fingertips.  It then suddenly begins to VISUALLY bend at the fingertips!  The unique signed and drawn on, bent piece of silverware or key, is IMMEDIATELY handed to the spectator for complete examination! The object is so thick that its impossible to bend back! The permanently altered, one of a kind, bent piece of silverware or key quickly becomes a treasured souvenir. This effect will create those long lasting memories, and a story to be re-told over and over again!
-This incredible effect can stand alone, or it can make a perfect addition to any other metal bending routine.
-This AMAZING device can even do a Double Bend on BOTH the tine, and the neck of the fork, in a single motion at the exact same time!! This is really cool, as you get two secret bends in one motion, and two visual bends during one revelation. A bend is done on the tine and the neck at the same exact time, in the same gesture, all in one move., making for a mind blowing revelation!
-Now you can finish your routines with a bend or two on the thickest and most impossible items to bend!
-This device will bend and twist keys with ease too!
-It will also bend and twist other various metal objects of all kinds, bending just about anything that fits into the device!
-It’s very universal and VERY easy to use!
-A must have for the serious Magician, Mentalist, Mystery Artist, Psychic Entertainer, or illusionist.
-Designed for use in real world situations.
-Top of the Line Device, expertly CNC machined and precisely crafted from high quality stainless steel for a lifetime of use.
-Includes a Bonus training DVD, Including Amazing Eye Popping revelations, psychology and misdirection techniques, tons of insider info, tips and practice, and so much more!

Maybe this should go downstairs? Mods you may move this if appropriate.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Sounds great, John.

I agree that this thread should now probably go downstairs.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ MagicBrent: Thank you for the clarification.

The Energy Bender sounds good. Looks like a nice useful tool.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Do you need to sleeve the gimmick or pull needed?

Smile
hi my friend! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Sounds great, John.

I agree that this thread should now probably go downstairs.

No disagreeing completely but as a counter-point, the QB thread(s) never got moved downstairs over the years (maybe they should have) - however I agree the issue is that the ensuing discussions may reveal too much.

Maybe we can clean up a few posts and be on good behavior scouts honor?

John Sheets will only have a VERY limited supply of 100 units sold exclusively by him, and that will be it for the forseeable future according to him.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, markhitton wrote:
Do you need to sleeve the gimmick or pull needed?

Smile
hi my friend! Smile

No sleeving
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
This is great!
thanks Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
What will the price of this be?
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
I think it's $150.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Energy Bender: John Sheets Newest Creation (46 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL