The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Learning from a master, or travel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
Do any other magicians aside from Jeff McBride offer residencies to learn magic? I want something more lengthy than Jeff McBride's 3 days for 3 grand.

No specifics on type of magic, just generally, does anyone else do them?

I originally wrote a long paragraph of why, but it's kind of unnecessary.

Thanks
-Harley Salas
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I think Jeff McBride dose offer longer course and residences so try to contact him. Also I think his course is a great way to start you might not enjoy begin that close to magic for more then 3 days. Also I might of got it wrong but I get from your post you think its a lot of money. If this is the case I think looking for longer might not be a go. You seem to be looking for a mentor. Have you looked on how you could build that relationship.

I am interested in how this goes as I am to thinking of getting some constrted up skilling going.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
I've taken a Master Class from Jeff. I absolutely loved it and spending time around him. However, I want to find something that feels more casual. Jeff is a really nice person, a wonderful teacher but I know that I'm just another student. I want to find a mentor, yes... Ideally someone who doesn't have as many students as Jeff. I'm willing to pay a hefty amount of cash, but I'd like to continue being friends and communicating with the person after. Jeff does that... But, he's a very, very busy person.

Potential mentors in this area area are Fantasio (you should know the name), and Alberto Lorenzo (Last year's second place close-up winner at the IBM/SAM combined convention. Only thing is that they both speak mostly Spanish. I haven't really communicated with Fantasio though I intend on trying to. His wife passed recently and he's not in the area very often anymore for what I understand. I don't know Spanish so it makes it kinda difficult. Still trying to meet more people in my area.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
You should reach out to Tyler Erickson, www.strongermagic.com He offers in-person and Skype classes. He's been very successful teaching European students via Skype - so successful he is now traveling there once a year to provide those same students a week of in-person classes.

Pretty sure he offers a complementary initial Skype class. No risk to give it a try.

He is an excellent teacher.

Hudson
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Depending upon where you live, often magic shops offer instruction. The Los Angeles area has the Magic Apple.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Learning from a master, or travel? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL