We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Secret Servante' - by Sean Goodman (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192

What is it?

Simple answer is: it's a hold-out. By this, I mean you can both ditch and retrieve items, which seems obvious to most, but it's amazing how many people confuse pulls with hold-outs. You need a jacket, but this can be done with sleeves rolled up, which is what we like, gents, right?

What can you hold out with it?

Coins

The safe margin is four half dollars with shell, or three dollars with shell. You can squeeze more in, but the risk is yours entirely.

Finger Ring

These pop in nice and securely; you wouldn't want to use a ring which was wider than a stack of three silver dollars; a wedding band, or similar, would be ideal.

Folded Card/Billet

These will fit in there nicely. And, of course, many other small objects will go in there too.

Does it work?

Hell yeah.

Will I need a seamstress or tailor to install it?

Hell no. This thing is a piece cake to fit. It literally takes seconds. Not only that but it is easily adjustable, in fact you could tweak it during performance, although I can't imagine why you'd do that.

Is it deceptive?

Well, are you deceptive? This requires misdirection, or, if you like, it requires you to direct the audiences attention. Here's is the original advert, and here is a video that Sean kindly put up, which shows the dirty work. Using any kind of holdout, including such legendary devices as the FKHO, requires proper practice and routining. If you already use holdouts and are familiar with the sort of techniques required, you will be up and running with this in no time at all. For others, it will take more practice.

Was it honestly advertised?

You tell me. Look at the two videos above; I don't think it gets much more honest than that, does it?

Okay, how much is it then?

£20 in the UK, $35 worldwide; shipping included.

Worth it, much?

Oh yes indeed.

What do you get then, apart from the gimmick?

I wouldn't know about the packaging, as I was greedy and asked Sean to go ahead and send me one before the boxes arrived. There is no DVD, you get access to a password protected website, which contains full explanations of both the device and some working applications. All the explanations are clear and it is well filmed. He explains a four coin appearance and vanishing sequence, a nest of wallets routine, and a fun routine using David Penn's 'Mystery Solved'.

So, what about the gimmick?

Brilliant. It really is a nice and simple piece of genius. I can't go into any detail on the device, as that really wouldn't be fair. But I would be very surprised if others are disappointed with it.

Over all, I can already see loads of applications for this. It's the kind of thing that sparks off a dozen ideas in the first twenty minutes of setting it up. It is most definitely a 'worker'.

Well done, Sean, you deserve every success with this device; it's a real winner, sir!

I've already ordered a second one, not because they are difficult to move from one jacket to another, but because I want to experiment with one on each side. Mwahahahahahaha! Smile

Smile

P.S. Anybody with a Lassen Triple Threat or TTGF-O will love using this...
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Awesome review "Skoops"!

Definitely have my interest. I know you specifically said you need a jacket but I read on the L&G thread it can be done with an untucked button down shirt if using a slightly different set up. Any thoughts on that? Would it be just as easy to do so with the unbuttoned shirt, you think?

Thanks for the great review.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
My order is in!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yeah, I reckon that could definitely be done. I think the most straightforward approach is with a jacket, but it could be adapted easily enough.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Order is in!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
It must be me, but I looked all over trying to find how to place an order.

Can anyone post a direct link?

Thanks,

Eric
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Many thanks. Order is in.

Eric
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Don't mean to play "will it hold a..." with everything in the world but ...would it hold a sponge all or TT?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Not a TT, but you could probably shove a sponge ball in there. The depth of a stack of three silver dollars is your guide here.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thx Tom.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3646 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Nice review. thx.

kj
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Thanks for the thanks, gents! Smile

I've been playing around with this a lot, with coins mostly.

This is a really useful tool to use when you want to ring a gaffed coin in and out. I've been having fun doing Dan Watkins' King Midas Spellbound: very clean, no messing about. Similarly, for a Piedrahita style CSB, which doesn't follow the usual pocket switch formula, this is really good.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Sean has sent me a photo of the packaging: it's gorgeous. Can't put it here, as the gimmick is also in shot....
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of dp
Hi Guys

Sean came in to demo Secret Servante on this week's Wizard Product Review.

Here is the link to the live demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxzuTstexAY

Anyone who orders it from World Magic Shop this week will also get Sean's lecture notes included for free.

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
Hi Guys, normally I don't preorder stuff, but when I heared of Secret Servante I gave it a try!
I've got it a few days ago and I have to say.....IT ROCKS!!!!
It solves some problems of holding out and feeling guilty. Everything that I put into it stayed into place and there was never the fear of falling out.
It's a great device that will help you making A LOT of routines more effective because you don't have to hold out like in the past.
2 Thumbs up for Sean!
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22528 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To bad it is not available everywhere until after the Blackpool convention. When is the convention, I am patently waiting to get this great looking gimmick. I perform several routines that I need to steal single coins. This will make it very easy from the looks of video. Jerry Andrus Miser's Miracle and Paul Harris' Giant Killer Coin are perfect for this gimmick.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'm in California and ordered it late last week from Sean and it's in the mail. I thought it was available everywhere now?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22528 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They said on their trick review show, it will not be available everywhere until after the Blackpool convention. Only available now from World Magic Shop in the U.K., that is before Blackpool.

I am dollar thrifty, the exchange rate is just to high, plus I hate paying taxes (VAT) on nonessential products. It was $40 when I went to World Magic and attempted to order, $10 in fees and postage is just something I cannot do.

It was not mentioned on the review show that Sean was selling them on his website.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2653 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I believe I paid $35, including shipping to California, to order from Sean. I haven't received it yet but I'm told it's in the mail and I know it can take a bit longer for things to arrive from the UK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » 'Secret Servante' - by Sean Goodman (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL