The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagiCelebration 2015 & Magic Camp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We are celebrating our 12th anniversary in a big way with MAGICELEBRATION & Magic Camp - July 21-25th here in The Magic Capitol Of The World - Colon, Michigan!
On July 21st and 22nd we are sponsoring first ever magic camp with classes on close up magic, stage and business end for beginners and advanced! No age limit. As of today we have 40 already signed up - we are cutting off at 100 so only 60 spots remain. You can check out all of the information at www.magiccapitoloftheworld.com

Then beginning Thursday July 23 and running thru Saturday July 25th is our 12th annual MagiCelebration Colon Magic Fest - Thursday is MAGICIDOL day! Compete for cash prizes in Jr. & Sr. division in close up during the day and at night compete for stage contest - with winners in all four categories vying for $2500 in CASH plus they will receive the Prestigious Percy Abbott Award for performing excellence - ask anyone of the winners about their 'trophies' - something to treasure along with $$$! There are lectures all weekend long, close up show, stage show on Friday night featuring Robert Baxt - MC, Tom Craven, Joel Ward, Baffling Bill & Co. + more!

Saturday night show is the complete Duane Laflin show! The Laflins are bringing their entire program to Colon for one spectacular extravaganza! Don't miss this opportunity to see one of the best in the business!

Dealers are located in the high school Caféteria so everything under one roof! Mad Mad Auction on Friday night - if you haven't been to one of these - its loads of fun - bring stuff to sell and of course Buy more stuff! Friday and Saturday, FAB Magic along with First Merit Bank in Colon will be sponsoring an Arts & Crafts Expo downtown with live rock n roll band on Saturday - so bring your lawnchair! Free shows at FAB Magic Shop Daily - demonstrations all week - outside performers, caricaturists, jugglers, balloon artists, and of course MAGIC! Only $85.00 for first person, spouse & youth (18 and under) only $70.00 - Register Early and save! Check the web site out for details

www.colonmagicfest.com

There will be a graveyard tour with our resident expert Joe Ganger - get the 'scoop' about these magicians - all 28 of 'em ! Colon Historical museum open too!
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Just added to our already stellar line up! - Legendary Coin man - David Neighbors - who will perform and lecture! More to come!

www.fabmagic.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Thanks for he kind words Rick! Legendary Coin man ! ---- WOW!!!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

And Here is my Bio and what people are saying about me!

David's Bio

I have been in magic for 45 years and have performed it for a living for the last 35 years. My magical teachers were:
Sam Bermen - he was from the old school, from the 1930's and 40's and in the same group as Dai Vernon, Ed Marlo, etc. I didn't really learn that many tricks from him. I did, however learn all of the important stuff - psychology, theory, philosophy, timing, flow, style, showmanship and routeing.
Ed Marlo - I had the honor of sitting at the his feet for the last 10 years of his life. He gave me the name - The Coinjurer. My first love is of course coin magic. Of course, you can't hang around Ed for 10 years and not do card tricks!
I perform mostly at restaurants, private parties and nightclubs. I thoroughly enjoy lecturing for magic clubs and conventions.
I have produced a DVD called - The Coinjuer, which is of course is on coin magic, a DVD on the Cerberus Coin gimmick and a DVD that is planned to be out on the magnet okito box. Over the years, I have had about 10-12 soft bound books/lecture notes. And I have just got My 1 ST. of five Hardbound Books out! Like many of the hard core magicians, I am constantly working on new material that I hope to have out sometime.

I have also study with Slydini's 1 St Student ! So I can teach Lapping !

Just about what ever you want to learn in close-up and a little small stand-up! No.1 will what I am Know for coins ! No. 2. As I Hung around Marlo for 10 years there Will be some Cards, Routines, Palms, Passes, side steals, and packet trick moves. And My new Set of Notes Is Most Of my Non-card And Coin stuff! So be thinking about what your interested in , what you want to learn? Smile

And Here is What Others Say About me!

" Never before Have I see such truly beautiful Coin effects. His handling of coins is superb. "

Dai Vernon

" He works Slowly and deliberately making every step clear,which results in the appearance of witnessing of witness real magic. Look--- you've seen coin tricks and coin manipulations, But if you want to perform coin magic don't miss David Neighbors coin Lecture! "

Ed Marlo

" Dave's coin magic is simply wonderful. Dave is a real master."

Eugene Burger

" Superb technique coupled with refreshing originality"

Larry Jennings

" David breaks new ground and wonderful ground in coin magic, not only with his methods, but his amazing concepts ! "

Michael Ammar

David's magic Is very Petty ---- And So is the thinking behind it!

Max Maven
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We look forward to your being here - Smile gonna be fun!

www.fabmagic.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea Good suuff Msn!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Just booked Steve Owens! A 14 Time Award-Winning Magician from the Magic Castle, who has travelled the world performing his unique smooth style of cutting edge magic, which has been featured on National TV for more than 300,000,000 Viewers! Find out why he has even performed for Vegas superstars like Criss Angel..

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
The line up is set!
Duane Laflin & Company
Robert Baxt
Trino!
David Neighbors
Baffling Bill & Company
Steve Owens
Tom Craven
Joel Ward
...........and don't forget our MagicIdol Winners in close up and stage!
www.colonmagicfest.com

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Lots of surprises in store for Magicelebration - the most affordable magic gathering on the planet!

www.fabmagic.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Ok So I got Back from Portland ( Thanks to all The Guys There Smile ) And Now I am Getting Ready to Go for The Magicelbration In Jury! Smile Where I will be doing A Show,A Workshop,And A Lecture! So Hope to see all you Guys There! Thanks Gang! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We are all very excited about next week -- the magic camp is nearly a sell out (we expect it to sell out this week) and our Arts & Crafts expo is SOLD OUT Smile - Live music,magic everyhwere - featuring the talents of Robert Baxt, Duane Laflin, Steve Owens, Joel Ward, Baffling Bill, Trino, Tom Craven, David Neighbors - Magic Idol competition on Thursday - close up during the day and stage at night... Mad Mad auction and lots more! All of the dealers will be located in the Colon High School Cafétorium and will be open before and after each nights' show ---Annual Percy Abbott Candy Sale before each show - you cant beat the price! Can't be here for the entire event - come on down for one day! Here is the schedule - and you can also go online at www.colonmagicfest.com

THURSDAY, July 23rd

10:00 AM – 5:00 PM DEALERS OPEN AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL CaféTORIUM

10:00 am- CLOSE-UP MAGIC COMPETITION AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

YOUTH (18 YRS OF AGE & UNDER) SENIOR (19 YRS OF AGE & OLDER) O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C - $5.00 - LIMITED SEATING

1:00 PM – FREE MAGIC SHOW AT FAB MAGIC SHOP/THEATER

1:30 PM – TOM CRAVEN LECTURE AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL

3:00 pm – STEVE OWENS Lecture at Colon High School

7:00 pm - MAGICIDOL CONTEST & PUBLIC SHOW AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM. Aspiring Magicians will be competing for Prize Money in two categories tonight. 18 Years of Age & Under compose the first half of the show and following the intermission performers 19 Years of Age & Older competition will begin. Winners will be announced at the end of the Thursday night program.

O P E N T O T H E P U B L I C ~ General Seating - $10.00 - Floor & Bleacher

FRIDAY, July 24th

11:00 AM – DUANE LAFLIN LECTURE at Colon High School

10:00 am - 5:00 pm - ARTS & CRAFTS EXPO Downtown Colon located in the First Merit Bank Parking Lot

Featuring Arts & Crafts Vendors & LIVE MUSIC by Dan Fink & KING OF THE FOREST!

1:00 pm -F R E E M A G I C S H O W @ FAB MAGIC SHOP, 212 EAST STATE STREET - COLON

2:00 pm - L I V E Close-Up Magic Show - Colon High School Auditorium

Featuring: Robert Baxt, Joel Ward, Tom Craven, Steve Owens, David Neighbors

O P E N TO THE P U B L I C - Admission ONLY - $10.00 BUY TICKETS HERE

Street Magicians, Caricaturists, Balloon Artists, Jugglers Performing Throughout the Day!

8:00 pm - MAGIC-A-DAZZLE PUBLIC MAGIC SHOW AT THE AIR-CONDITIONED COLON HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM -

FEATURING : ROBERT BAXT Master of Ceremonies, Joel Ward, Tom Craven, Steve Owens, Baffling Bill & Company

RESERVED SEATING ~ $15.00 FLOOR / $10.00 BLEACHER SEATS!

11:00 PM – MAD MAD MAD AUCTION IN DEALERS AREA AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL CaféTORIUM

SATURDAY, July 25th

11:00 AM – ROBERT BAXT LECTURE at Colon High School

10:00 am - 5:00 pm - ARTS & CRAFTS EXPO Downtown Colon located in the First Merit Bank Parking Lot

Featuring Arts & Crafts Vendors & LIVE MUSIC BY MECCABONE!

1:00 pm - F R E E M A G I C S H O W @FAB MAGIC SHOP, 212 EAST STATE STREET - COLON

Street Magicians, Caricaturists, Balloon Artists, Jugglers Performing Throughout the Day!

2:00 pm – LECTURE AT COLON HIGH SCHOOL – DAVID NEIGHBORS

8:00 pm - GRAND ILLUSION SHOW - Starring Duane Laflin & Company AT THE AIR-CONDITIONED COLON H.S. AUDITORIUM

RESERVED SEATING ~ $15.00 FLOOR/$10.00 BLEACHER SEATS

www.fabmagic.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hay Looking Forward To it Man! Should be GREAT!!! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
And as reported earlier Dick oslund will be here to sign /autograph his new book! We will be his first stop so it should be great fun!! Come enjoy the MAGIC that is Colon Michigan!

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Magic Camp is completed - couldn't be happier with the first time results ! Thanks to: Tom Craven, David Neighbors,Dave Schwaninger,Ron Carnell and a HUGE thank you to Jim Merrills who showed why he is one of the top magic 'teacher's around...we'll do it next year - 24 on first day and 22 on 2nd day with folks from Michigan,New York, Cech Republic and California, Indiana. The fun begins TONITE! Our Magicelebration contests begin today with close up and this evening with our stage competition.

Arts and Crafts expo begins tomorrow with live music and FREE shows here at the shop + lectures by Duane Laflin,Steve Owens, David Neighbors, Tom Craven and funny guy Robert Baxt! The Friday close up show is a stellar one with Neighbors,Craven,Baxt,Owens,Ward -- Friday show is loaded with talent-- Steve Owens,Joel Ward,Robert Baxt, Tom Craven and the illusions of Baffling Bill & Company!

Saturday show - the entire production of Laflin & Company! They are here with all of their illusions and colorful magic - Don't miss this opportunity to see this spectacular show in our own backyard -- www.colonmagicfest.com

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
A huge thank you to all who came..our first annual Magic Camp was a big success and we will tweak it and do it all again...24 kids and adults from all over the country made it - Canada,New York, California and even the Czech Republic! Friday night and Saturday night shows were tops! Duane Laflin --- was absolutely the finest show I have seen in years and his two standing ovations spoke volumes....

Hope to see you all next year with all kinds of surprises!

www.fabmagic.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

And A Big Thank you For the Hard Work Rick Put In puting this togeter! And for driveing Me Around Everywhere! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Most welcome David..it was our pleasure! We have big plans for 2016 - we will share soon Smile

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We are expanding our Magic Camp for 2016 - it was a HUGE success and we are assembling some of the best teachers in magic to head this up. You're gonna love what you see Smile- all here in the magic capital of the world!

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
It was great hosting the Today Show with John Yang here in the shop and around Colon...to be broadcast Saturday morning at 7:39 cst/8:39 est on NBC

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Watch for plans for our Magic Camp 2016 and Magicelebration !

www.fabmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MagiCelebration 2015 & Magic Camp (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL