The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Day the Music Died... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
56 years ago today.

RIP Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. (The Big Bopper) Richardson, Jr.

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sad but the music, it brings back to mind some goods times. Thanks.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Anyone remember what Madonna did to the song American Pie?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:

Where is Chris Kyle when you need him?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ummmm uncomfortable. But I agree with the larger point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yeah, that was probably over the line.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I thought of a bit from "West Wing" where the Press Secretary makes a gaffe in front of the President;

POTUS: You know that line you're not supposed to cross?

SECRETARY: I'm close?

POTUS: Look behind you.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The ebb and flow of this story goes on and on, and the only winner is, perhaps, Waylon Jennings...

http://www.historybyzim.com/2012/06/budd......ennings/
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
The ebb and flow of this story goes on and on, and the only winner is, perhaps, Waylon Jennings...

http://www.historybyzim.com/2012/06/budd......ennings/

And, Dion DiMucci (Dion and The Belmonts). He did not want to pay the $35 fee.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was always a fan Buddy Holly music and also "The Hollies" music which was inspired by it in the 60s. I had the pleasure of meeting Tony Hicks a few years ago and he is a real gent, as Buddy Holly always seemed to be.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:

Where is Chris Kyle when you need him?

No - it was just a joke - and it was funny... though... while I don't support capital punishment... that was a particularly heinous crime.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
This was a capital offense...

~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:

True - a woman with that full a figure should never wear white, and there has to be a punishment to protect society from unstyled obesity.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

You hire Roseanne Barr, you get Roseanne Barr. What idiot pulled the trigger on that one? Unforeseeable, or something?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

You hire Roseanne Barr, you get Roseanne Barr. What idiot pulled the trigger on that one? Unforeseeable, or something?

I listened to a one hour interview with her on the radio while I was driving when she ran for the presidency either last election or the one before (it's all starting to blend in my dotage) and I really like her - I disagree with her on a lot of things but at least she thinks for herself and has her own ideas and ideals - doesn't just seize on a party line and grip on to it till the death.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Destiny wrote:
True - a woman with that full a figure should never wear white, and there has to be a punishment to protect society from unstyled obesity.

What would 'styled obesity' look like?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

I listened to a one hour interview with her on the radio while I was driving when she ran for the presidency either last election or the one before (it's all starting to blend in my dotage) and I really like her - I disagree with her on a lot of things but at least she thinks for herself and has her own ideas and ideals - doesn't just seize on a party line and grip on to it till the death.

That's all well and good if you'd like her for President, but the standard for singing the national anthem at a baseball game should be higher.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:

What would 'styled obesity' look like?

That unfunny fuller figured woman who pulls faces - mugs a lot - and is related to the crazy former penthouse Pet or Playboy model who's all anti-vaccine and everything else, and is apparently 'the funniest woman in America' for the moment - please dig up Joan Rivers if that's true - even at her most bitter she was funnier than that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Day the Music Died... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL