The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's Poker Nightmare (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I pre-ordered this from Penguin Magic on Feb. 17th. I am still waiting. I am dying to get this! Poker Nightmare, The Poker Test (2.0), and NFW I am set!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
I pre-ordered this from Penguin Magic on Feb. 17th. I am still waiting. I am dying to get this! Poker Nightmare, The Poker Test (2.0), and NFW I am set!

Blooming heck that is quite a wait?, it will nearly be April,i would be doing my nut waiting that long,lol.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2015, takeachance wrote:
This looks very good. Anyone have this who would like to offer a quick review

cheers

This is everything it looks like in the video. I love doing the effect just for myself because it just looks so darn great. No skill required.

Phil
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:

YEAH POKER TEST! WAHOO! Admittedly, you can do this trick with the Poker Test cards, he just does the handling slightly different, but the effect is the same really. So that is awesome! (I did see that DK was selling Poker Test on here, which makes me think he did get the method from Poker Test, which gives me an odd sense of pride. I am probably wrong though).
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, eboetcker wrote:
Quote:

YEAH POKER TEST! WAHOO! Admittedly, you can do this trick with the Poker Test cards, he just does the handling slightly different, but the effect is the same really. So that is awesome! (I did see that DK was selling Poker Test on here, which makes me think he did get the method from Poker Test, which gives me an odd sense of pride. I am probably wrong though).

You are wrong, my trick was inspired by Gambler's Dream a jumbo card trick released in the 50s by Haines House of Cards. I bought yours to make sure your method was not the same as mine. I wanted to see if you could freely deal poker test cards on the table and flip them over during the deal. Which you can not do.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Devin told me in a PM that it does not use the same "ingredients" as Poker Test. So it can't be similar to "Poker Test"
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This looks incredible. Can't wait until it arrives in the UK.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2015, pegasus wrote:
This looks incredible. Can't wait until it arrives in the UK.

No need to wait we have it in stock Smile http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/p......ght.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2015, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, eboetcker wrote:
Quote:

You are wrong, my trick was inspired by Gambler's Dream a jumbo card trick released in the 50s by Haines House of Cards. I bought yours to make sure your method was not the same as mine. I wanted to see if you could freely deal poker test cards on the table and flip them over during the deal. Which you can not do.

Well, you can do that with Poker Test actually, I just like to perform it table hopping/walk around where a table isn't readily available. But, I assumed I was wrong, and I was right! Thanks for buying Poker Test regardless! Poker Nightmare looks awesome!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
Well, you can do that with Poker Test actually, I just like to perform it table hopping/walk around where a table isn't readily available. But, I assumed I was wrong, and I was right! Thanks for buying Poker Test regardless! Poker Nightmare looks awesome!

Thank you for saying that. I know many people have bought both of our versions.
Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any further reviews on this? don't see any popping up immediately in the for sale section, and sold out in most shops at present. I take it that this is worthwhile?
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Hocus Pocus has some in stock as well:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28965
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, takeachance wrote:
Any further reviews on this? don't see any popping up immediately in the for sale section, and sold out in most shops at present. I take it that this is worthwhile?

I doubt if you see many, if any in the for sale section. The people I have talked with are extremely pleased with this.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, takeachance wrote:

I doubt if you see many, if any in the for sale section. The people I have talked with are extremely pleased with this.

So it seems, better add this to my order
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I finally got it the other day and I love it. The method was what I thought it was, but these cards are so easy to handle so I don't have to worry about flashing anything. Devin gives some good tips on how to handle and hold the cards when you perform it. And I can drop the cards on the table one by one if I wanted to. I just love packet effects like this- Poker Test, NFW, 4 times a charm, never mind, solari's monte- and now Poker Nightmare. Very nice effect, Devin.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
I finally got it the other day and I love it. The method was what I thought it was, but these cards are so easy to handle so I don't have to worry about flashing anything. Devin gives some good tips on how to handle and hold the cards when you perform it. And I can drop the cards on the table one by one if I wanted to. I just love packet effects like this- Poker Test, NFW, 4 times a charm, never mind, solari's monte- and now Poker Nightmare. Very nice effect, Devin.

Glad you enjoyed it. Any more reviews?
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Works well and easy to handle.
Remember clean hands and clean surface.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight's Poker Nightmare (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL