The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "I'm not in the business of thinking about how society would deal with issues (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16113 Posts

Profile of tommy
I did not know it is a crime for an adult to touch a child's genitals neither. What do you do if your kid gets it caught in his zip?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
C'mon Ian, were you really shocked?

But I guess it's ok that he didn't know the law, or his responsibilities, because he was a rabbi.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
C'mon Ian, were you really shocked?

But I guess it's ok that he didn't know the law, or his responsibilities, because he was a rabbi.


Shocked?? not at all, it's way with insular societies. Imagine having a position of power to hide behind.
Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
...
Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.


You mean, like, public schools?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/06/charge......ith-him/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/08/behind......tudents/

http://www.wncn.com/story/28048165/broug......-student

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/02......ars-ago/

http://www.centraljersey.com/articles/20......6266.txt

Oh man, I could go on and on and on and on.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
You're right. good to see you step up.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
C'mon Ian, were you really shocked?

But I guess it's ok that he didn't know the law, or his responsibilities, because he was a rabbi.


Shocked?? not at all, it's way with insular societies. Imagine having a position of power to hide behind.
Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.


Has anyone ever heard the phrase? "You have issues".

How many think it applies here to Ian? I vote yes definitely.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16113 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is a lot of it been going on over here in insular high society among the exclusive coterie.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, tommy wrote:
There is a lot of it been going on over here in insular high society among the exclusive coterie.


I know stuff happens but what bothered me the most was the victim was turned-on by his own community and by their own law meant he could be killed.... The perp was once a student where I worked.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/jewish-se......672.html

exert: Rabbi Zvi Telsner labelled Mr Waks a "moser" or informer behind his back for breaching the rule, he said, which under Jewish law meant other Jews could legitimately kill him.
This prevented other victims and their parents from coming forward and isolated those who did, with supporters too afraid to befriend him publicly because it might negatively affect their livelihoods in the Yeshivah Centre and their children's ability to marry.
Mr Waks said he was also twice assaulted in front of a full synagogue by a man who accused his children of "making trouble" for his own children. The man threatened to make one of Mr Waks' other sons "suffer".
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
C'mon Ian, were you really shocked?

But I guess it's ok that he didn't know the law, or his responsibilities, because he was a rabbi.


Shocked?? not at all, it's way with insular societies. Imagine having a position of power to hide behind.
Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.



Has anyone ever heard the phrase? "You have issues".

How many think it applies here to Ian? I vote yes definitely.



Lol, the giant pot calling the tiny kettle black.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:

Lol, the giant pot calling the tiny kettle black.



Only my wife calls me tiny.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, NYCTwister wrote:
C'mon Ian, were you really shocked?

But I guess it's ok that he didn't know the law, or his responsibilities, because he was a rabbi.


Shocked?? not at all, it's way with insular societies. Imagine having a position of power to hide behind.
Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.



Has anyone ever heard the phrase? "You have issues".

How many think it applies here to Ian? I vote yes definitely.



Lol, the giant pot calling the tiny kettle black.



Did you even read what he posted? Let me refresh your memory. Then tell me he does not have issues by blaming the parents.
Here is his post: Terrible that parents willingly send their kids to these schools and places of 'trust'... like lambs to the slaughter.

Sounds as if he believes the parents want this to happen. Yea issues definitely.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, acesover wrote:

Sounds as if he believes the parents want this to happen. Yea issues definitely.

I read it more as an suggestion that the parents were misguided, not that they wanted anything bad to happen.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, acesover wrote:

Sounds as if he believes the parents want this to happen. Yea issues definitely.

I read it more as an suggestion that the parents were misguided, not that they wanted anything bad to happen.



You could be correct in your interpretation as he does use the word "insular". My bad. Sorry.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
This thread is my first and only trip.....cool dude!

(and no it wasn't because the word "pot" was used)

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "I'm not in the business of thinking about how society would deal with issues (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL