The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Has this beenconfirmed??? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
The point is that the world didn't stop.

America will always continue to want to be the planet police and push it's "morals" and "values" onto the world.

It's a numbers game and when the debt is called in and it cannot pay, the power will shift.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Are you sure you're from Australia? You almost sound like a born and bred US liberal!
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Are you sure you're from Australia? You almost sound like a born and bred US liberal!

Are Aussies supposed to be like Americans, which amendment is that?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You sir, are one bitter, angry person. You need to find some happiness in your life. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes it is not Sparta. The king does not go fight. Putting a CIC in harms way is just stupid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1222 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I think it's called "happily miserable" Bob. People who are not truly happy unless they bring others around them down. I work with a few.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:

America will always continue to want to be the planet police and push it's "morals" and "values" onto the world.

It's a numbers game and when the debt is called in and it cannot pay, the power will shift.

What on earth does that have to do with your original comment?

You were suggesting, incorrectly, that the death of JFK only caused a minor ripple, if any, and was a smooth transistion. That was patently wrong as I pointed out. To which you respond by going into an anti-American rant. Please don't stereotype.

Pretty sad.

Aside to Rockwall- Amd that's the view of this American liberal.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I thought I heard a drone over head....
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, w_s_anderson wrote:
I think it's called "happily miserable" Bob. People who are not truly happy unless they bring others around them down. I work with a few.

You've got it pegged Scott; I think we've all worked around a few. Then we can go home and forget about them. Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, rockwall wrote:

Are Aussies supposed to be like Americans, which amendment is that?

To answer your question. NO.

However just making a point. People are supposed to use the brain God gave them if one happens to believe in God. If one does not believe in God, people still have an obligation to other people to use the brain they inherited from their parents. In your case, whether you believe in God or not, you are not living up to your end of the said deal. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Oh sorry, were we talking about your country? When JFK went, there was a quick turn around and the world didn't stop.

Um, JFK wasn't president and CIC when he went off to WWII.

I think he was talking about when JFK died. Granted, he didn't die leading a battle, but the comparison is still the same. In the US, when a leader dies, there's a clear chain of command as to who leads next.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

But the implication that the transition was merely a quick turn around" is completely false as I described in detail earlier.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Oh sorry, were we talking about your country? When JFK went, there was a quick turn around and the world didn't stop.

Um, JFK wasn't president and CIC when he went off to WWII.

I think he was talking about when JFK died. Granted, he didn't die leading a battle, but the comparison is still the same. In the US, when a leader dies, there's a clear chain of command as to who leads next.

I know that now, but upon reading it, especially given that the conversation was about heads of state engaging in warfare, his Kennedy analysis made no sense to me. He might have stated it more clearly, since, even you said, "I think........"

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I think you'd agree with me, Bob, that, nonetheless, the assassination of JFK had profound effects on our country and it didn't result in a routine transition as Ian so dismissively claims to support the ridiculous notion that CICs should be fighting on the front lines.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Even when Obama killed Bin Laden, he wasn't the first one through the door.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

And Truman wasn't the bombardier on the Enola Gay. Nor did Kennedy personally remove the Soviet missiles from Cuba.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I think you'd agree with me, Bob, that, nonetheless, the assassination of JFK had profound effects on our country and it didn't result in a routine transition as Ian so dismissively claims to support the ridiculous notion that CICs should be fighting on the front lines.

I agree with you absolutely one hundred percent. It's a folly to think a president should go off to war. A country needs its CIC in time of war to lead, not fight for it. Certainly on the battlefield, the most sought after targets are the enemy's officers and leaders for that very reason.

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Can Obama fly a plane? John Travolta can!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

Aside to Rockwall- Amd that's the view of this American liberal.

Well, your response was in large part to his first sentence. That wasn't the sentence I was referring to when I said he sounded like a born and bred US liberal.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

My response was also directed to his following sentences. Despite what you seem to think, liberals are just as patriotic as anyone else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Has this beenconfirmed??? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL