The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Go to illusion. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erinda01
View Profile
New user
South Florida
26 Posts

Profile of erinda01
Any suggestions on a go to truck that I can keep on me all the time and is pretty simple to preform. Looking for something organic and that I do on a moments notice. I wear a ok ring so maybe any ideas with that?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I suggest you READ! (Because I cannot TEACH you ANYTHING!. I can only HELP YOU LEARN!

READ>>>> TARBELL COURSE IN MAGIC, ENCYCLOPEDIA OF IMPROMPTU MAGIC...Martin Gardner

You cannot keep tricks "on you". Tricks only exist while they are being performed.

What is an "organic" trick?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Both the Mark Wilson and Joshua Jay Complete Course in Magic can hep you here. Both books teach several card tricks. Carry a deck of cards with you and you'll be ready with serveral "go to" tricks.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3186 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The first thing you should read, before Tarbell or any other book on magic, is to READ YOUR OWN POSTS before you push the button to post them. Check them for spelling and accuracy. Only half our business is magic - the other half is communication, and don't be embarrassed by that because even Houdini had to learn to use grammar correctly in both his speaking and writing. Houdini didn't have a magic genii to help him learn to write, but you do. It's called SPELL CHECK and GRAMMAR CHECK. If you can correct your original post so I can understand it, I will be happy to give you an answer to your question.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
What don't you understand about organic preformed trucks?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
erinda01
View Profile
New user
South Florida
26 Posts

Profile of erinda01
Hi guys. Sorry about spelling. I am typing on a iphone and it has the automatic spelling correction which changes the words. I tried to go back but don't see where I can edit my previous posts. Please let me know where I can change my previous posts. A little about my self I graduated with a 4.0 from college and run a 5 million dollar brokerage company which I established with my father. I understand the correct use of grammar, spelling and communication. My mistakes were caused by my lack of attention. Sorry, trying to squeeze these posts in on my phone between meetings, phone calls, 2 kids fighting for my attention, school drop off, sports and my wife telling me I'm obsessed with magic. Lol. So to say the least sometimes I'm not 100 focused. I apologize again.
Ed
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Ed, you have thirty minutes or until a reply is posted to edit your posts. You should see the edit button adjacent to the date and time hack directly above your post.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
erinda01
View Profile
New user
South Florida
26 Posts

Profile of erinda01
Thank you for the help
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3186 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I still don't know what organic truck you want to preform with your ok ring. However, if you are looking for a TRICK to make something disappear from HERE and GO TO someplace else, using something you always carry on your person, you might look into coins across or matrix. You probably always have four or five quarters in your pocket, and you can make them hop from hand to hand (coins across) or move about on a table (matrix) and you don't even need to use your OK ring. Is that the kind of thing that appeals to you?
Sample: https://vimeo.com/44579146
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I have a few things with me all the time.
But I also understand how to present them.
What types of magic do you like?
What are you comfortable performing?
What kinds of performing experience do you have?

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Go to illusion. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL