The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is This? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Hello everyone. I received a few items from a local magican and was wondering if anyone knew what this might be.

http://www.illusionplus.com/temppage.htm

I saw one that had sold on magic auction and tried to ask them if they could tell me something about it. They never responded.

Oh well, any help as to the routine or instructions, if you wouldn't mind, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kent Messmer
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I don't know what it is but it looks like a "Wandering Hole" type of effect. Is there arrows on the other side of each card, in different orientation to the hole?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Hi Iven, thanks for responding.

One board has a hole at the top with an arrow pointing to the left and on the other side of the same card if turned over the arrow points to the right.

The other board with the hole at the side has the arrow pointing at the hole on each side.

There is also a black board...

Hopefully someone knows something about it.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Kent:
I used to use one of these things many years ago. There should also be a small black magnetic disc with it. The effect is that of a hole being shown in a card with the arrow pointing to it. The card can be taken down into the audience and shown, then slipped into the stand.

The stand is picked up and shown as well, and in doing so the card (actually both cards plus the black one) come out and are reversed. Once they are put back in the stand, the hole in the bottom hidden by the framework, the magnetic spot is then moved from the point of the arrow, to the top, then to the back of the arrow, then down out of site and the face card is pulled up and out showing the hole is now at the bottom, and the card can be freely shown again, and the hole has actually moved.

You are switching the two cards in showing the frame, then the rest is presentation. I can't for the life of me remember the name, but Hole-Lu-Cination seems to be sticking in my mind. The wood model like you have there is the original model of which very few were made, In the 60's a black with pinstripe model that had angle metal sides and bottom was made and sold by Magic Inc. in Chicago. I do believe that it was made by George Kimmery down at Chalet magic for them at that time.

I will search through my files of instructions and see if I can find them for you, but it might take some time, I have instructions galore (two- 4 drawer file cabinets full) but they are not in alphabetical order, something I have been meaning to do for some time, just never got around to it.
Hope that has been a help.
All the Best
Marty
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Thank you Marty,

I knew sooner or later someone would see this and know what it was.

If you find the instructions I would love to have a copy also.

Thanks
Kent
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
It was made by George Chimmery.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I was playing with it some and did not find any magnetic parts nor did a magnet stick to it?

Larry, do you know where I might obtain more information about this item?

Thanks
Kent
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-02-19 11:24, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
It was made by George Chimmery.

That's George Kimery.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is This? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL