The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bob Dylan Speaks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And, like, wow:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mus......l#page=1

Darn good read on a Sunday morning. It's just like going to church. (Well, it is my church.)

Read it and say, "Amen"!

(Or feel confounded.)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16113 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks Jeff, a cool read.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5006 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wow, that was extraordinary. I didn't know Dylan had it in him to be that generous. It's completely changed my view of him as a human being. And his Sam Cooke quote was incredible. Thanks, Jeff.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Nice to see Bob age with grace. Hasn't lost all his hubris, but this is not the same Dylan we heard interviewed a few decades ago. Thanks for the Sunday morning coffee-time read.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Good read.

I was surprised to see Dylan so lucid.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Great stuff there.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
What an amazing speech! Very gracious of Dylan to credit all the people who helped him, inspired him, and influenced him. I was surprised at his eloquence. Loved his comments about the "vocal gymnastics" so prevalent among singers of our National Anthem these days!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Truly amazing speech, and rich with musical history. The quote (papaphrasing here) from Sam Cooke about how a voice should not be measured by how pretty it is, but about whether it tells the truth is absolutely golden. And at the time, this was answering a complement to Sam Cooke! One of Dylan's songs says "no one could sing the blues like Blind Willie MacTell" which I still think about today. There are lots of great blues singers today, but those old guys who've passed on who were born in slavery... just something to think about. Lynn
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5006 Posts

Profile of landmark
That's really interesting, too. I mean he's probably being diplomatic in his walking back some of his remarks, but it's kind of nice in a way to know that Dylan is capable of being diplomatic, too.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Well I knew the Merle Haggard "dis" wasn't a big deal since they had toured together as recently as 2005. If there was any true animosity they were over it years ago. I guess Haggard and Willie Nelson just recorded a version of "Don't Think Twice" that going to be on an upcoming album.

I'm really looking forward to an album of the concert that night. Sounds like it was great.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Gratzi, Stone- great read...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bob Dylan Speaks (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL