The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trillions to be made with new Arctic Shipping lanes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17612 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I heard a guy on the radio hawking his new book. He said that because of Global Warming new shipping lanes are opening up that will save many ships over $2 million each way in fuel costs by using new Arctic pathwways.
Is there any truth to this?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16113 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is always some truth in illusions.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Anything that is predicated on global warming or climate change is a scam by definition!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Slim King wrote:

I heard a guy on the radio hawking his new book. He said that because of Global Warming new shipping lanes are opening up that will save many ships over $2 million each way in fuel costs by using new Arctic pathwways.
Is there any truth to this?

Any truth to what? Arctic shipping lanes opening up? That is already happening, has been for years.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/......-russia/

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2......e-routes
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17612 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks for the links!!!! Smile
Just a little bit more and a Northwest passage ... Looks like we almost had one way back when!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
To be fair, it is not completely straightforward. Here is a more nuanced opinion:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-deb......6665819/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
In the 1400s the seas around Greenland were navigable. World temperatures fluctuate (aside from global warming) and there have been times when the North West Passage was easily navigable. But with the Panama Canal there, and a second canal being built (even bigger) then we won't need the Arctic trails.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion......e=mobile

Until the next mini ice age hits...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Trillions to be made with new Arctic Shipping lanes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL