The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Anverdi had some nice ideas with thimbles--including one that I had read in Walter B. Gibson's _What's New in Magic_ where four thimbles start out one on each finger of the right hand and one by one they visibly jump from finger to finger until they're all stacked on one finger! It looked like real magic when Anverdi did it!

Anverdi's lecture (around 1963) was the first magic lecture I ever saw... and it set a very high bar for all the lectures that followed!

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I saw (and heard!) Anverdi's lecture, in 1964 at the IBM Convention in NYC. He did some very clever stuff, but, when I approached him at his dealer booth to ask for clarification on a ring and rope "move", he REFUSED. He said, "You wont do it anyway."
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of Anatole
When I saw Anverdi's lecture for the first time, I didn't have the cash with me to buy his lecture notes. I was a skinny little teenager at the time. He signed a set for me and said I could send it to him. I never got around to sending it, but I did pay him when I saw him again at a lecture in Richmond. I adapted some of his ideas to use for a reel-less serpent silk effect that I used as misdirection for the steal of a stock of cards, then using the silk for the "pull-through" proof that Cardini and others used.

A friend of mine had Anverdi's "Ring Glass" which was another stunning effect.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahYBSaLKkEw best thimble act ever, period Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17050 Posts

Profile of joseph
..very nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22453 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you Bojan for that reference. I have long wanted to witness Viggo Jahn's Thimble act with Cane knobs. It is truly unique and very skillful routine. Not filled with gyrations and confusing movements. Just the right speed so the audience can see what is truly happening and the magic effect taking place.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Did anyone mention Shoot Ogawa? If so I second it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7038 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, bojanbarisic wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahYBSaLKkEw best thimble act ever, period Smile

That was awesome.
Todd
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I am thinking about putting some thimbles moves into my close up act. Anyone done this.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22453 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, other people have done close-up thimble magic. So it is okay if you do as well.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Bill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble Magic (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL