The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Anyone in Colorado Springs / SAM 170 know Justin Carmical? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
He made an introductory post on this message board but that was it. He was a minor celebrity in the retro gaming community and he had just begun to get into performing magic. He took his life in January 2014, after struggling with depression. I know one of the major contributing sources of stress on him was his financial difficulties. He was such a talented performer with so much charisma and stage presence, that I know he could have definitely launched a successful birthday party business with a little bit of coaching. I am really sad that I never got a chance to talk to him. I only recently discovered him, but without ever having met him, I feel as though I have lost a dear friend. I am hoping somebody here might have been in the magic club with him and can help me to know more about him, especially on the magic side. What were some memorable routines of his? What material was he working on? Etc. I know he had wanted to put together a Renn Fair close-up set, and also a Mad Hatter show with his wife.

I found this photo album which he mentioned on his blog was the very first birthday he performed (for free for a friend of his). I love the idea of a Star Wars Jedi themed kids show. What a great hook!
https://plus.google.com/photos/106667107......12542731
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
In retrospect, I think my previous statements about wishing I could have helped him were a little bit misguided. It seems that he already had a ton of people offering him material and emotional support. I doubt very much I could have made any difference at all. Depression really is a monster.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, Geoff Weber wrote:
Depression really is a monster.

Indeed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Anyone in Colorado Springs / SAM 170 know Justin Carmical? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL