The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that are better than the book (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I'll probably get a lot of disagreement over this one but I actually thought the Lord of the Rings trilogy was, if not better, certainly as good as the books. And I loved the books.

Yes .. I agree.. But the Hobbit was NOT as good as I'd anticipated ....

I agree. The book "The Hobbit" was better than the film. The film expanded it to almost the length of the entire trilogy, while the original was actually only a few hundred pages long. "The Hobbit," unlike the trilogy, was basically written in the style of a children's story. but the film presented it in the same grand epic fashion as LOR.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Interestingly, I have not read any of the books mentioned above (except for the two I mentioned). I still can't think of any film which was better than the book. But three horror movies came pretty close to perfection in dramatizing the original written words: Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, and The Legend of Hell House.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5964 Posts

Profile of motown
Shane
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies that are better than the book (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL